A gentle reminder

EEL

Amongst all the TLT issues and the editing issues, I thought it might be of some benefit to remember why we do this stuff anyway and to help us look forward to this summer's paddling season. I apologize since many are of Gail, but I have the camera and we paddle by ourselves a great deal. Hope they encourage new and old to get out there, paddle, and have great journeys and adventures this season.

http://elawson.com/gallery2/

Ed Lawson

can almost smell the sea roses.

blue sky above pink flowers in a bed of green on a sandy beach...maybe a little smell of salt and the sound of breakers in the background...gives you a whole new perspective on things.

thanks, ed.

>Stone1 looks like you folks are headed

>for Merchant's Island---Am I correct?

Maybe. We had gone out to Mark Island light from Fifield Point, out to Farrel,turned to port and went along the north side of Merchant Row to McGlathery. So we would have been on a heading to Merchant at some point. However, I think those are the islands on the north side of Merchant Row.

The red nun in stone9 is the one on the run from Camp back to Webb Cove. Imagine you have been there a few times. The fog was starting to lift by then, but thick enough.

Ed Lawson

>-on your trip, did you camp on an island in the

>stonington area?

No. We were there for three days and stayed at a house on Fifield Point.

Since we were paying for a roof, camping was not in the game plan. Also it was mid June and Stonington is so nice then as in quiet and having places to yourself or maybe a few locals. Oops, should not have said that here.

There was a couple from Canada who camped on a island and paddled in for diner at one of nice places on the main street along the harbor which seemed like a nice idea. Paddling back in twilight if not darker could have been neat.

Ed Lawson