Odiorne, Monday, April 1 2024

Jim Snyder

April Fools Day shenanigans encouraged!

Plan for a 10am launch from Odiorne. If you check the tide chart your thinking it might be a little mud issue on launch and there might, but it's neaps tide and we will be able to get out. There will be plenty of water for landing, which is way better than the other way around in my opinion.

A partly sunny day approaching 50 is predicted with not much wind. I anticipate heading out to islands in 2' predicted swell but we can tailor the route to the participants.

Water temperature is still around 40 so drysuits are required. Let me know your interest by any method and I will start a group message.

4 hours ago, Jim Snyder said:

April Fools Day shenanigans encouraged!

I suspect I am not being wise, but I will try to get up in time to attend.

Anyone used the Odiorne boat ramp lately? I'm getting conflicting information on whether the gate's open during the week. 

Alternate launch for this trip is Goat Island. 

Jim, I just looked at the Odiorne parking reservation site and it looks as though all weekdays are marked as “not available” while wknds you can book, which kinda makes it look as though it's not open weekdays yet.

I just talked to the Rye police department. They said it should be open but if not they would be happy to come unlock the gate for us.