York Harbor, Thursday 3/14/24

Jim Snyder

Conditions look good for an easy trip out of York headed south on Thursday. Predicted air in the 50s but water still around 40 so drysuits and other immersion gear are required. Seas predicted currently to be around 1' and winds negligible. I'm planning for a pretty relaxed paddle as conditions and life have kept me off the water for a while. 

Contact me by any method and I'll start a group message for the trip. 

Hi Jim,

I am interested and would like to be on the trip thread in case I can work things out for Thursday.  Thanks, Sue

Hi Jim,

This could be my first Sea Kayak trip of 2024.

It will take me months to recover from the hour of sleep the government stole from me last night, and York is one of the most distant day trip launch sites I ever attend.  However, if you plan to milk the cows, feed the chickens, sheer the sheep, and groom all the horses, dogs, and barn cats before you leave that morning, and I get up extra early and eat breakfast in the car, I think I would enjoy joining your paddle.

Bill Voss

Hi Jim,

I'm interested in the York trip. Thanks!

Deb Walsh

I'm glad to see all the interest! I'll start a group message tomorrow. 

If you've looked at a tide chart you've seen a pretty big range on Thursday. Low at 9:05am is -1.25'. The harbor is slack at 10:18am. My plan is to launch at 10:30am giving the walk to the water a chance to shorten up a little and Bill a chance to eat breakfast. Maximum flood is at 12:54pm but we should still have a nice push on our return and a short walk to the road.