Kayak Repairs shop?

Where are people going these days to get repairs done on their kayaks (if like me they are too clueless/lazy to do it themselves).

Nothing too fancy, I just need a fiberglass keel strip installed and a skeg and cable (and possibly the cable casing ) replaced. Is Carl Ladd still in this business ? I know he sold Osprey a while back. Suggestions?

Update, it sounds like Carl Ladd is still in business, Yay!

Edited by BethS

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:41 PM, BethS said:

Where are people going these days to get repairs done on their kayaks (if like me they are too clueless/lazy to do it themselves).

Nothing too fancy, I just need a fiberglass keel strip installed and a skeg and cable (and possibly the cable casing ) replaced. Is Carl Ladd still in this business ? I know he sold Osprey a while back. Suggestions?

Update, it sounds like Carl Ladd is still in business, Yay!

Yes, Carl is doing repairs, and it's worth the trip to RI. If you need a keel strip, Carl's your man. He put my FG keel strip on my NDK PilgrimLV 11 years ago and it's still going strong. Carl did some repairs on my husband's Valley AvocetLV years ago, and a FG keel strip probably16 years ago, and, except for scratches etc, it's in great shape.