Fall, Ogunquit, again Saturday, 11/4/23

Jim Snyder

This will be the fifth annual fall trip to Ogunquit, heading south towards Cape Neddick Harbor. Parking is free after 10/31. See earlier trips here:

Early forecast looks pretty mellow but water temperatures call for drysuits. Indicate interest here or contact me by other means and I'll start a group message.

Jim, I'd be interested if this is a relatively mellow (for the coast) level 2 trip with an opportunity to use my dry suit, but I'm definitely out for rock gardening and very sporty conditions. Feel free to exclude at tge outset if you feel the trip is best headed in that direction for other people's goals. Thanks.

Deborah, if the forecast doesn't change, any possibility for surf or rock play will be pretty tame. Also it's rare that I've been on a trip where some paddlers don't choose to avoid any rough water by staying in deeper water. I'm sure that will be possible on this trip. 

8 hours ago, Barbara Ryan said:

Jim, can you please remind us of where exactly we would be parking and the arrival and launch times?

We'll be launching from the main parking lot, probably on the river side to ride the current out. I'm hoping the bathrooms will be open but can't confirm. I'll post a Google pin once we have a group message.