THURSDAY Lunch Paddle July 6 York Harbor to….Wood Island?

prudenceb

Please join me for a longish (12ish+ nm) but definitely leisurely THURSDAY lunch paddle.  Weather forecast looks very promising (for a change!)…sunny, warm and little wind.  (Going on Thursday rather than Wed will hopefully spare us post-July 4th traffic…).  Be at York Harbor (Harris Island Road drop-off spot…with parking after dropoff on Lilac Lane a short distance away) at 9 AM with launch at 9:30-9:45 or so.  We'll go south along along the coast to Fort Foster or Wood Island.  Some rock play (bring helmet!) for those who care to partake along the way.  Please post intention to join on this thread and we'll do an old-fashioned pen and ink float plan at the launch spot.  Looking forward to being on blue water under sunny blue skies and shaking off this miserable stretch of weather with whoever can join!)

(And now here's the usual WLP boilerplate… WLP trips are flexible and tailored to meet the interests and abilities of the group participants.  If I've not yet paddled with you, please PM me before signing up.

To join the trip you must be a paid-up NSPN member, and have signed the club participant waiver for this year.

Trip level: WLPs do not have a specific level. All properly equipped members are welcome: please bring boats with rigged deck lines, bulkheads, spray skirts, and dress for immersion

NOTE: The Wednesday Lunch Paddles are cooperative adventures, not guided trips. We encourage paddlers to make their own independent decision about their comfort level with conditions and plans at the time of the paddle. Each participant is responsible for her/his own safety. Don’t assume the trip initiators are smarter, stronger, better at rough water, more attractive, or more skilled paddlers than you are. For more information, see this description of our trip philosophy from the NSPN web site.)

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

We have 7 interested/saying they're joining thus far.  We will  be limited to 9 participants.  So two spots open.  If you've indicated interest but find you can't join, please let me know.  Once we're at limit I'll keep a waiting list.

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

On 7/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, prudenceb said:

Be at York Harbor (Harris Island Road drop-off spot…with parking after dropoff on Lilac Lane a short distance away) at 9 AM with launch at 9:30-9:45 or so.  

1974093259_Screenshot2023-07-04at10_06_46AM.thumb.png.7d933c572480f0bdf4965b36d5925181.png