Easter Bunny Plunge - Sat 4/8/23

rfolster

45 minutes ago, Karen Volkman said:

Is it really $20 to park at Riverhead? 

Guess I was hoping for somewhere scenic like Lane's Cove.

Anyway, I'm the distance outlier and I will see many of you soon in Maine. 

The Marblehead coast from Riverhead to Tinkers Island, around the island is quite beautiful!

Looking at the hourly temps and forecasted diminishing winds, any reasonable later start works for me.  10am works here.  ALSO suggest stressing BIB promptly at 10.  No sense standing around and chilling. 

Edited by David M

Rob, can you confirm what time this event is starting tomorrow? You asked what people would like better than 9:30, and it seems quite a few folks would prefer 10 but we haven’t heard back. 

for what little it’s worth I also prefer a 10am BiB time. But since I live here I shouldn’t get to weigh in on that…

10am BIB it is, but I do want to take a minute or two before we launch to just check in as a group and make sure all is good before we head out. Looks like we have the following people going:

Joe
Fred
David
Prudence
Mike
Jim
Cathy
Myself

High tide for Salem is around 1:30pm, so hopefully the walk to and from the water won’t be too bad. Weather forecast is holding for a nice early spring day, but we should be prepared for some gusts to linger around.

Based on the group, I think heading around the outside of the head might be nice. I’ll be bringing my helmet and plastic boat, , but swell is forecast to be < 1’ at 11 seconds, so take that for what it is worth.

I assume everyone will be packed to take care of themselves, but if you have any concern for your ability to do so, just contact me directly tonight and I will make sure to pack accordingly.

Let me know if there are any other concerns or general points to note. Looking forward to a great day out on the water again!