Replacement Deck Lines for Original Cetus

alcoons

Anyone have a good source for replacement deck lines for an original Cetus? Right now I am looking for the bungee like lines that cross the boat. If you also have a source for the perimeter deck lines (non-stretch) would love that also.  I bought replacements from P&H a few years ago.  Great service, but a bit pricey and it took a while to come from across the pond.  I assume there is a very high tariff on them now :)

Thanks for any help,

Al

Thanks for the great information.  The past tread that was mentioned was helpful also (https://www.nspn.org/forum/topic/11928-reflective-perimeter-deck-line/?tab=comments#comment-71869)

Thanks Jason. As I changed the bungees I realized the non-bungies are still OK.

However, I did notice significant wear on the bow and stern toggle cords - for lift boat (very old boat - serial # 30 on the original Cetus). Guess I would suggest to inspect those cords if you have an old boat. The parts that were visible looked old but OK. However when I slid the cord and exposed the parts hidden in the hole through the hull it became clear that it was time to replace them.

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2018 at 8:02 AM, alcoons said:

"very old boat - serial # 30 on the original Cetus"

Ha!

Off-topic, but I have #29! 

Is yours from the original mould (i.e. does it have the P&H logo mouldings in the deck behind the cockpit?)

Nick

On 6/29/2018 at 8:02 AM, alcoons said:

Thanks Jason. As I changed the bungees I realized the non-bungies are still OK.

However, I did notice significant wear on the bow and stern toggle cords - for lift boat (very old boat - serial # 30 on the original Cetus). Guess I would suggest to inspect those cords if you have an old boat. The parts that were visible looked old but OK. However when I slid the cord and exposed the parts hidden in the hole through the hull it became clear that it was time to replace them.

On a downeast trip I had to replace my stern toggle line with washed up lobster line to get me through.   When I got home I replaced the stern toggle line with the correct rope (it's nice to have 500' around).

-Jason