Spray skirt question

Nick1979

Thanks Deb and Chris.  The device Mike H found to sort of quickly "pry" the skirt forward and up sounds interesting.  Haven't heard from the supplier yet about the different sizes so need to try another supplier.  In the meantime I see lots of golf  practice "whiffle" balls online so I may try one.  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!!

https://www.seaflowdesigns.com/shop?store-page=SPRAY-DECK-EASY-RELEASE-S-M-L-Universal-p461090236

I purchased 2 “Universal Sprayskirt Easy Release” devices and used one yesterday on my Cetus and it worked perfectly!

Before, because I do not have a long enough forward reach, it was taking me 2 or 3 tries using both hands to finally pop my skirts.  NOW I can pop them one handed, first try!

And still the skirts have a super tight fit around the coamings.

I cannot recommend these safety devices more highly for anyone who has had difficulty popping your skirt.

Thanks for finding and offering this possibility Mike.

I feel so much safer in my boats now.

IMG_7442.jpeg

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7446.jpeg

Edited by Barbara Ryan
Improved clarity

Having seen this work yesterday I plan to add one to my sprayskirts, not because I have trouble releasing in the normal way but because I could do this so easily if I was injured or for any other reason compromised. Thanks Mike and Barb!

Hi Jim. Do you have any interest in consolidating our orders,  since they're coming from the UK? I want to oder 2 Universal size. There us a price break at 5. I haven't done the price conversion yet.

I'm going to respond to Deb in pm so as not to clog up the forum with a conversation between the two of us. That being said if others are interested in a group order they should respond here I guess and we can start a group message.

It would be fairly easy to design and 3d print these here for a couple of bucks each. It might be fun for a few club members to collaborate to design and print a few sea kayaking gizmos to solve common sea kayaking problems. Continuing the idea of safety-related gizmos that the club sorely needs, I'd suggest we try to 3d print marshmallow peep bow ornaments that don't dissolve in saltwater.

Dan, I appreciate the creative thinking but I think this apparently small company have devised some really innovative safety devices and deserve to not have their work copied. I will be ordering from them.

Dan, I have been wanting "easily removable and reattachable, with one hand, adjustable foot pegs- either to use in most already installed rails or with their own rails.   I would love it if someone in NSPN likes to invent and 3D print and invented some.  I can't be the only one who wants this.   I have asked Juan at Seaflowdesigns if he would want to tackle this issue and he said he would think about it.  Whoever comes up with the best design wins!  😃