Sakonnet Saturday April 18

josko

Mel and I are launching at the Sakonnet at 1000 Saturday, April 18th for some mellow poking around. Wind and swell forecasts are benign. Water temp low 40's outside, mid/high 40's inside. I realize it's a long drive for some of you, but Sakonnet is a beautiful place, and I'd love to introduce you to its' many possibilities. Water clarity should be exceptional.

Edited by josko

I'm posting about our competing Saturday trips. If it looks as though people would like to do Sakonnet rather than familiar old North Shore, I would be happy to head south to join you guys. We,ll see what people think over next day or so.

pru

I'm sorry - didn't mean to put up the Sakonnet trip as competition. I guess I figured the two trips were far enough apart to not appeal to the same crowd.

Nevertheless, I'd love to see some NSPN'ers come down to what's probably my favorite paddling spot in NE.

Hi Folks,

So sorry to have missed this opportunity, didn't see this posting until too late, next time for sure...up at 5:00 am every day this week & back home only to fall into the bed! I am going to the RICKA mtg Monday evening as I would like to get to know the area and paddle. Staying over Monday pm and Tuesday am meeting up with Carl Ladd to learn how my new Aries will behave in current and surf!

Cheers, Sue

Well, y'all missed one for the books. Swell 2' in the a.m building to 3' with occasional 5er sets. Great rock hoping by west island, and superb beach break surfing on Dave's beach. Air temps in the 60's water mid-40's.