Gerrish trip from Odiorne,sat 8-9-14

Paul Sylvester

Gauging interest for a CAM Gerrish Island circumnavigation.This Saturday 8-9-14. 8:30 meet, bib asap and off by 2 pm.

We will meet at the Odiorne boat launch in Rye NH 8:30. Paddle across the harbor to the Whaleback lighthouse, possible small surf on the outside that we may play in. Take a break just inside of Braveboat Harbor and then through the marsh. Depending on the timing and the group we may go up the Kittery back channel and across the Piscataqua at the Memorial bridge.

This will be 12-14 nm so in order to work with my time constraints we will be taking shorter breaks and adjust course as needed.

If the group wants to just play around outside of Gerrish, surf, rescue, etc. that is fine and would lessen the mileage.

post here, PM or psylatmetrocastdotnet

thanks,

Paul...I've posted for an easier trip on Saturday,,but i love this trip and would happily cede to this trip. I know two of us, and possibly three, would likely be interested. So i'll follow re interest in your trip,,and may well join you!

pru

Paul,

I'm interested. In seven years of paddling I still have not gone around Gerrish. But if others want to skip the circumnav and play instead, I'd be ok with that too.

Blaine

Believe we have four and of course room for more.

See you all at 8:30. If the gate is locked that early (doubt it) we can park on the other side of the bridge.

thanks

See you there.

I can find Odiorne, but can anyone tell me how to find the boat launch from there?

Thx.

Blaine,

The launch is at the little bridge that crosses Seavey Creek, just inland of Odiorne Point. There's a ramp and parking lot on the ocean side of the bridge.

Oh, by the way, I'd like to come along too!

Rob Hazard

Pintail, blue/white

Blaine,The launch is at the little bridge that crosses Seavey Creek, just inland of Odiorne Point. There's a ramp and parking lot on the ocean side of the bridge.

Rob Hazard

From Delorme Gazeteer and ruler/calculator (roughly): 43.02.88N 70.43.68W (DDMMmm)

The Odiorne boat launch is a 1/2 mile north (west) on rt 1a of the main entrance to the park. Just before the creek bridge. Large parking lot with ramp.

See you there, Paul sixohthree-312-fortyeightten