Muscle Ridge Weekend Sept 19-21

gyork

Come out and camp/paddle during the most pleasant season! Home Base will be Lobster Buoy Campsites in S. Thomaston, Maine, gathered at the Group Site ($10/head/nite). Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. Paddling options abound: NE to Owls Head, SE to Muscle Ridge, or SW to Port Clyde. Anyone down for a full-moon nite paddle? Typical pot-luck evening buffet (proper attire please) for those so inclined to participate. Post interest here or PM.

See inaugural trip report (part 3) beautifully captured by Pru: http://www.nspn.org/...?showtopic=8956

gary

This weekend is a little over a month away. When you commit to coming, please send me via PM (private message) the following information:

name

E address

cell

Emergency contact

I will start an E-thread with all participants as we get closer (Sept 1 or so).

For those interested in demonstrating a leadership role for whichever star you're reaching for, go for it, by developing a few trip options, with all aspects of the trip accounted for, from beach briefing to post-trip de-briefing. Though starless, I'm happy to work thru some trip options with you via Echat.

gary

Edited by gyork

Hi Gary and All,

Count me in too! I have been staying on and off all summer outside of Boothbay (rented a studio), which is only an hour away from the campground. I have this space through the middle of October, so I plan to sleep there for the weekend, but am looking forward to paddling and generally hanging out with folks. Were you planning to have Potluck evening meals, eating out or some combo or individual eating plans?

Cheers, Sue

We have traditionally had pot luck on Friday at dined OUT on Sat evening, but the decision to partake is yours and everyone's. Reminder to PM information requested in my recent post please. Even though you won't be camping with us, there is likely a charge for launching, which I am in favor of supporting, as this small, friendly campground could use our annual patronage.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks, I am going to have to skip this event. A planned vacation starts a week earlier than I had thought. You would think I'd have an app for keeping track of such things, and actually I do. I just don't use it.

Have a great time. Sorry I'll miss it. Maybe next year.

- Steve