NH skills practice sessions?

dcycleman

The plan this week is to meet at 4:00pm at Newfound Lake.

I currently believe that Doug and Pamela will both be able to arrive by 4:00pm. Last I heard, Dave might be able to show up (perhaps late), and will text me Tuesday afternoon with his status and schedule. Anyone else wanting to come please let us know to look for you. I suspect we may wander quite a distance from the boat ramp.

I personally have never visited Newfound Lake.

http://www.nhstateparks.org/explore/state-parks/wellington-state-park.aspx says:

A developed boat launch operated by N.H. Fish & Game adjoins the park, providing boaters free year-round access to Newfound Lake. Boat lanes along the beach allow boater access to the park for the regular admission price. Boat launch is open 24hrs / 7days a week.

From that I'm guessing it is possible to access the boat ramp for free, but it may cost $5 to access bathrooms?

Personally, I plan to mostly trust my GPS and look for signs when I get close. The address appears to be:

Wellington State Park
614 West Shore Road
Bristol, NH 03222
Phone: 603-744-2197

If anyone who has been there has more useful details, please post them.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four of us had a great time on Newfound Lake last night. That has got to be one of the nicest boat ramps I've ever seen, and FREE!

I may be visiting my mother-in-law next Tuesday instead of paddling. So I am going to abstain for now from the "where should we meet next" discussion. However, I certainly hope you manage to meet somewhere next week.

Did the NH skill session meet today? Who attended, and where did you go?

I have higher hopes of attending next week, though I am still "on call" to visit my mother-in-law again. Doug did you want Newfound Lake again next week, of do we repeat Newfound Lake in two weeks from today instead? Other ideas for next week?

At least two of us plan to meet at Robinson Pond in Hudson, NH again this Tuesday. We will probably arrive around 5pm, but it is a small enough pond that late arrivals should have no difficulty finding us. I'll be in my Chesapeake 18, a wooden kayak with a wooden deck and a blue hull.