NH skills practice sessions?

dcycleman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill-

"How about July 8th (tomorrow) we launch from the Odiorne boat ramp? Warning, no porta-potties. " If you continue East on Pioneer Road past the boat ramp about 1/2 mile you will come to the Science Center which has facilities. I don't know what time they close however.

Summer Hours for the Science Center are March-October Open daily, 10am-5pm

You will need to pay a $4 per adult Odiorne Point State Park Admission fee (Memorial Day-Labor Day),

and an additional $7 per adult Seacoast Science Center admission fee to use the facilities there.

What time is everyone getting there tomorrow?

What time do you want to get there? I can probably head out anytime Tuesday afternoon that I want to leave. So I figured I would try to match arrival times with the earliest person. Of course traffic may not cooperate with my plans to arrive at a certain time!

Cool sounds good. Not sure exactly when I'm going to get there, might be early, might be around 5. Depends on work. And for next week, yes that link appears to be correct for Robinson pond.

Wish I could attend - but instead a note from the bathroom expert . . . I always use the Market Basket bathroom at the intersection of 1 and Peverly Hill/Elwin Road. Good place to grab a snack too, but easy to walk in and out anonymously if you just want to use the bathroom.

Three of us had a nice paddle out of Odiorne on July 9th. For those planning ahead, the consensus was that July 15th (next week) we go to Robinson Pond in Hudson, NH. I just added it to the calendar.

Now we need suggestions for July 22nd. Does anyone who wants to show up have a suggestion?

they are calling for thunderstorms, heavy rain, and wind tomorrow afternoon going into the night. I'm not planning on going to cobbetts.

they are calling for thunderstorms, heavy rain, and wind tomorrow afternoon going into the night. I'm not planning on going to cobbetts.

Good.

First because this week was supposed to be Robinson Pond in Hudson, NH not Cobbetts. :-)

Second, because I was just getting on to say I thought we should cancel today's session anyway!

So July 22nd, lets try again for Robinson Pond in Hudson, NH.

• 2 weeks later...

August 12th will be at Robinson Pond again.

However, I have received a request for Newfound Lake next week. So August 19th will probably be Newfound Lake.

I've never actually been there, because it is about a 90 minute drive from my house. However, I have heard it is a very nice lake.

Anyone coming please chime in. In particular we need a consensus on what time should we meet there. Does someone have directions or a good Google link to the boat ramp? If someone arrives late, where should they look for us relative to the boat ramp? Anything else we should know?