Easter Plunge - April 17th - Cancelled!

rfolster

Looks like a mostly pretty experienced (and therefore already well-equipped) group, which is too bad on one level bc I have a bag of paddling mittens and gloves I was hoping to unload for free.  If anyone is in need of Glacier Gloves, size medium, several pairs either barely worn or brand new, or NRS brand new size medium neoprene mittens, let me know and I'll bring the bag. 

Take note that forecast is now looking to be cloudy with a chance of showers. 

Updated List:
Prudence
Vladimir
Janet
Dan
Stephanie
Mike
Cathy
Tomas

Edited by rfolster
Removed Beth and Jeff

Um….forecast looking a little…alarming.  Possible tstorms with hail after 1 pm.  That was point forecast.  Last time that was forecast was NTSKW and those of us still there remember it was spot on.  Does paddling tmrw make sense?

I hate to do this, but I am calling the paddle off. The day has been on the hairy edge of comfortable with a heavy offshore wind to contend with. Adding rain was pushing even further, but chancing thunderstorms and hail I just can’t justify.

I really hope everyone checks in before going, so please confirm that you have seen this update. 

• rfolster changed the title to Easter Plunge - April 17th - Cancelled!

Happy Easter in absentia to my fellow paddling bunnies/buddies. Our un-Orthodox paddling tradition will be missed this year. Let the graupel-spitting thunderclouds Passover our group whenever we meet may again, and shower us not with hailstones but with chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps.

There actually were graupel-spitting clouds today over Salem sound, in case those not living around here are curious! For a period of around 10 minutes right around noon we had small 1/4” hail coming down. But there were no thunder claps or lightning flashes and the wind did not seem to pick up all that much. It was all over quickly and with little apparent danger to any foolish boaters who may or may not have been out there. 

(I wasn’t.)