Friday, December 31 Boston Inner Harbor paddle

prudenceb

TRIP IS NOW OPEN TO ALL NSPN MEMBERS

Join the gang ringing out this difficult year with a city paddle on New Year's Eve Day.  This is a splinter group from the originally posted New Years Day paddle (which is still going forward:as planned.). The weather looks a bit nicer on Friday (sunny and 40’s).  We will launch from the Little Mystic Boat Ramp in Charlestown (see previous thread for the image David Mercer posted of the launch site).  We plan to launch at 10:00 on the button!  Some people have to work that evening so folks should arrive early enough to be ready to hit the water then.  This won't be a mileage paddle.  We'll cozy up to pedestrian walkways as much as we can to enjoy the the beautiful historic and newer waterfront.  We will be off water by 3:00 at the latest.

Please post interest here.  We won't hold you to it, just want to get a sense of numbers.  I may cap at 12.  That leaves plenty of folks who initially expressed New Years paddle interest to stick with the original plan.

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

Update - Unfortunately, my roof rack just had an unforunately  meeting with a garage ceiling and I am going to have to cancel.  have a great paddle. 

Edited by Brian McCormack
Need to cancel

OK, we’re at 15 people.   With a group this large, we may have to split in two - faster paddlers who want to go farther and a group that mostly want to poke along and enjoy the city.  Or maybe we’ll just be one long group strung out along the waterfront!

We can discuss at launch..,but one thing is certain:  we will launch at 10:00 on the button.  Meaning being all ready by 9:45 so we can discuss options for the day!

Looking forward!

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

I happen to have my P&H Virgo on my car. If you are interested in trying this boat tomorrow please respond on this thread and it’s yours to paddle for the day!

for those who don’t know it, the Virgo is a 14.5’ plastic boat that is highly playful and maneuverable but also tracks well and can keep up a decent cruising speed. In my view, a perfect day-trip boat!