Maine Coast Heritage Trust

NSPN Community,

For those of us who are members of the Maine Coast Heritage Trust (MCHT), you may have noticed in a recent mailing an acquisation of a 44 acre conservation easement in the middle section of Casco Bay. This easement will provide for day-use access to a planned trail system. The easement gift has also helped MCHT secure a purchase option on neighboring islands which happen to be popular with the NSPN community.

You might consider joining MCHT to stay current with their plans and to help a very worthy organization which, in some cases, is helping the NSPN community to gain access to islands off the coast of Maine.

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Warren, you reminded me to renew my annual donation. MCHT really is a great organization. I am considering putting together a camping trip this summer to Marshall Island, which is about a 10 mile paddle from Brooklin. Marshall Island is almost 1000 acres, with 10 miles of hiking trails. Camping is by reservation for a maximum of two nights. You can read more here.

Barry.

Barry,

Yes, Marshall Island is a great place to visit. I paddled those waters for a 4 day / 3 night trip. If is helpful, just PM me and I can give you more info about places we can not talk about on this thread.

Warren

Marshall is indeed a great spot. One of my favorites in the area and fairly unique. I think someone told me it's the largest uninhabited island on the east coast? Maybe?

Anyways, leaving from Stonington works well too. And Bass Harbor is another possible launch spot (though longer), taking you through some really great islands along the way.

• 1 month later...