Mexico-Baja outfitters

detorres

Also, Ginni Callahan, another BCU 5*, runs www.seakayakbajamexico.com. She and Jen are both terrific coaches and people. Ginnie has a center down there, with very good equipment (NDk boats, Werner and Greenland paddles etc) and trips tailored to different skill levels. I've wanted to do Baja...maybe next winter...and would be completely satisfied with either Jen or Ginni.

Pru

Also, Ginni Callahan, another BCU 5*, runs www.seakayakbajamexico.com. She and Jen are both terrific coaches and people. Ginnie has a center down there, with very good equipment (NDk boats, Werner and Greenland paddles etc) and trips tailored to different skill levels. I've wanted to do Baja...maybe next winter...and would be completely satisfied with either Jen or Ginni.

Pru

Just to be clear Ginni is a BCU Level 4 and Jen is one of the few BCU level 5's in the states (I think that she was the first American Born Level 5).

Actually, to be even more specific, I believe that Jen is America’s first BCU Level 5 sea kayak coach.

Nice gal, she dug up a wing for me the last time I was in San Diego.

-Leon

Actually, to be even more specific, I believe that Jen is America’s first BCU Level 5 sea kayak coach.

Nice gal, she dug up a wing for me the last time I was in San Diego.

-Leon

Steve is an L5 but was born in the UK, thus Jen is the first American born L5.

Just want to echo Pru's recommendation of Ginni Callahan of Sea Kayak Baja Mexico in Loreto. I attended a talk she gave at the an Auckland kayak club a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed with her and her operation. She was in New Zealand for a month or more giving lessons and tours--good feedback from club members who had attended. She confirmed they use NDK boats and also that they will rent boats to qualified kayakers without a guide. They are knowledgeable about paddling both the Gulf of California (inside the penninsula) as well as the Pacific coast.

Good vibes and passionate about Baja paddling.

• 2 weeks later...