Snowy Sunday threatens Pool Session

Doug

Snow is expected Saturday and Sunday.

I will know between 8-10am if the Portsmouth Pool session will be cancelled.

If the pool is open, we can not cancel. If the YMCA staff and administrator can get there and the parking lot is plowed, they will not give us a rain check.

If it is cancelled, we will try to schedule another pool session or refund your money to you.

Check here Sunday morning.

Doug

Rob,

If the pool is open but it is too challenging to drive from Somerville and I can't make it, you can have my spot -- I will have a better sense Sunday morning or even Saturday night.

What is the latest time for you to know -- Saturday night or Sunday morning?

Les

As of 8:35 am, Portsmouth YMCA is open. They will confirm that they are staying open by 10 am so stay tuned for the final word.

My guess is this event will be on because as of this point they are getting rain but expect to turn to snow by 10 am and could receive 2-4 inches by midnight. That should not effect us.

Doug

Leslie, Rick, Robert and I had the pool all to ourselves! There was quite a bit of snow flying on the way up starting in about Lawrence/Haverhill and it continued to snow all through the pool session, but the roads were clear when we left to go home (thanks plow guys!).

It was a delight to bring our cold snowy boats into the 80+ degree pool!

Leslie taught us the butterfly roll, which Rick managed to do and I just managed on one side, and we all worked on our rolls, rescues and strokes.

Sorry everyone was snowbound!