Presentation by Justine Curevengen

EEL

Not sure this is the right place on site and please move if not. Thought I would mention that SMSKN's March meeting will be on Mar. 19th at the Falmouth library as usual. I believe the format will be as usual as well which means starting with around 30 mins. of chatting and visiting with refreshments. Talk about kayaks and kayaking definitely optional. What is unusual is that it is on Tues. rather than Thurs. What makes it even more unusual is the presentation will be by Justine Curevengen who will show parts of her latest DVD This is the Sea 5 and talk about filming it, etc. Numerous Maine kayaking businesses are helping to make this possiblet by being sponsors of the event such as Kayakways (Cheri and Turner), Coastal Maine Kayak (Thersa), Lincoln Canoe and Kayak (Mark), and, of course MIKCO (Tom). Understand a bit of a hike for many, but should a fun and interesting time.

BTW, autographed copies of TITS5 are reputed to be available at event.

Ed Lawson

Dear Ed, now pay close attention, please: it is Curgenven -- note the spelling! (I am not sure of her family origins: she is English; but certainly her forbears came to that delightful land from elsewhere) ;^)

(From Scandinavia, perhaps?)

BTW: see you there! Many thanks for the heads-up (Could you manage a wake-up call the day-before, too, I wonder?)

PS: I think I am wrong -- looks as though it is a Cornish name and therefore of celtic origins...

Sir Christopher:

What can I say other than my ability to misspell and mistype is legendary.

BTW, I talked to a lobsterman with 20+ years experience last night. His accent was much like yours. Turned out he had left a corporate executive job in Durban to become a lobsterman in Maine. He returns to Africa to work for an NGO program on HIV each winter. Fascinating person.

Ed Lawson

A corporate exec from Durbs, hey? Well, well...fascinating! I lived there for many years (my daughters were both born there, in fact)

If you see him again, great him with "Sawubona, lungsaan" (the -wu are almost silent and the spelling of lungsaan is probably wrong; but it is not pronounced like the breathing apparatus in your chest -- rather "loong" ).

I absolutely intend to be there in Famouth that evening, Ed, so hope to see you there! Anyone else planning to go?

Wishing I could go but instead I will be skiing in Colorado!

Why don't a few people plan for a road trip up and meet on 95? I would have put my seats in the minivan if I was going to be around.

Can't let Justine come for a visit without giving her a big welcome.

Suz