bob budd

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Stohlquist-the gaskets are thicker-the suit sizing is better fitting and while they use their fabric, not Gore-Tex it breathes just fine. And I love the neoprene neck over latex which is not an option with Kokatat. Oh yes-on sale half the price of Kokatat. Had one for 3 years no problems yet!

I prefer Stohlquist-the gaskets are thicker-the suit sizing is better fitting and while they use their fabric, not Gore-Tex it breathes just fine. And I love the neoprene neck over latex which is not an option with Kokatat. Oh yes-on sale half the price of Kokatat. Had one for 3 years no problems yet!

The Stohlquist suits do sound good. I too like neoprene neck gaskets. I have an OR dry top with one, and it is very comfy and just as watertight as a latex gasket, at least with the fit I have. I tested it by playing dolphin for 5 minutes, and not a drop got through.

But the lower price on Stohlquist non-gore-tex suits illustrates exactly what I said -- every gore-tex suit comes with a built-in insurance policy, and you do pay for that -- plus the brand name.