Mounting WindPaddle Cleats on an NDK Explorer

Dabend

Has anyone ever mounted the cleats of a WindPaddle sail on an NDK Explorer? If I follow the manufacturers instructions, I am pretty sure I will scrape my knuckles on them on every stroke.

And.... not that people here are ever shy about adding commentary...I'd be happy to get people's opinions on whether they even think mounting the cleats is a good idea. I just got the sail and it while it worked well, I had trouble steering the boat while holding the single sheet and my paddle.

I mounted the cleats on an old plastic Sealution and they worked well but that also has a rudder so it was easy.

Thanks,

David

I just clip my wind paddle to the deck lines.

I only use my wind paddle on our tandem kayak.

I found the windpaddle too risky on my single kayaks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The sail can accidentally touch the water surface or fall into the water and then fill with water and become unwieldy. Depending on the sea conditions that may lead to a capsize.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

i think a sail on a kayak is an interesting idea....i think too that it would work better with a ruddered boat....you could stow the paddle leaving your hands free to fiddle with the sail while controlling direction with the rudder. i'd guess you could cover a whole lotta water that way at a pretty good clip.

be interested to see photo's of whatever you do.