Ladies Paddle 08/19

Katherine

Hi all,

Our next Ladies Paddle is approaching. You may have seen my post on the General message board requesting suggestions for a paddle that includes an ice cream stop...

What are some of your ideas?

I was also thinking about meandering down the Ipswich or Essex River, playing and exploring and meandering back. High tide is @ 1:15.

Let me know if you would be interested an any ideas you have.

Thanks!

Hello all,

It looks as though the tides are inviting us to ride up down and the Annisquam with stops for lunch and swimming. Let's launch from Lanes Cove, beach briefing @ 11, launch @ 11:30 and plan to be off the water no later than 4:00.

Please PM or email me (celticwoman3@verizon.net) with your float plan info by noon on Saturday, (Name, level, cell, emergency contact, their # & any safety equip you can bring ~ two belt, vhf radio...).

Thanks!

:th_bf-bootjesmiley002:

Since I'm helping out at the Swim and Fin on Saturday in Salem, I'm thinking about finding some place down there to stay on Saturday night instead of driving back and forth two days in a row. I'll probably just do the driving, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a decent place. Since I'll just be showering and sleeping, it certainly doesn't need to be fancy -- just clean and safe, and preferably cheap. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joyce

You may want to cross post this on the General Board - lots of people seem to be reading that. :-)

The Swim and Fin event is actually posted on the Commercial Classifieds board. I know that Bob is looking for more paddlers for the event, so if the Post Masters will allow it, a cross post on the General Board would be appreciated.

Hi,

PLEASE send me your float plan info (see above) by Saturday @ noon if you have not already done so (thanks Joyce).

Thanks!

I'm going out with a friend who's looking at a boat to buy on Saturday, and need one day - Sunday - on land to get my life in order - so I will have to take a pass on this ladies paddle. I hope to make the next one! Have a blast and eat good ice cream!

pru

Katherine, you are going to experience boat traffic (probably heavy, depending on weather) on <either> the Annisquam or the Essex rivers...so just beat your participants with your Werner before getting on the water, so that everyone knows to keep eyes open in the backs of their heads! Have fun, all! ;^)