ice cream

Katherine

Hello,

Can anyone suggest a paddle that would incorporate ice cream as part of the paddle instead of before or after :-) ??

I am looking for suggestions for our next Ladies Paddle (8/19), High tide is at 1:15 and launch location would be North Shore or S NH or ME.

Thanks for suggestions!

Lanes Cove to ice cream at Rockport harbor.

That would work, or go from Lane's the other way, riding the incoming tide into the Annisquam to have ice cream in Gloucester (there's one across the street more or less from Pavilion Beach). If you time it right you can ride the tide back out again afterward. Blynman's won't be too bad near slack high tide... Actually the problem with the whole thing might be that it's too protected.

Dear Ladies,

I used to eat lunch occasionally at Baker’s Island, just between the high and low tide area. Usually, a resident came over to ask if I needed help. I’d say “no, thanks” and they’d say “it’s private here”. And I’d say something like “the law allows me to eat, fish, bird or sunbathe here where I’m now sitting. But, because I’m apparently annoying you, I’ll leave as soon as I finish. So have a nice day”

But here’s a really new one just off the press: Paddle from your favorite put-in to the soon-to-come Baker’s Island Ice-Cream-stand. It’ll probably arrive after the new museum and tour boat rides begin.

See http://www.boston.co...L9pN/story.html for additional details.

Or if you can’t wait for the Baker’s Island renovation, go to Captain Dusty's Ice Cream at Lynch Park in Beverly. The mint chip is especially good.

CAM-able Leon

Dear Ladies,

I used to eat lunch occasionally at Baker’s Island, just between the high and low tide area. Usually, a resident came over to ask if I needed help. I’d say “no, thanks” and they’d say “it’s private here”. And I’d say something like “the law allows me to eat, fish, bird or sunbathe here where I’m now sitting. But, because I’m apparently annoying you, I’ll leave as soon as I finish. So have a nice day”

But here’s a really new one just off the press: Paddle from your favorite put-in to the soon-to-come Baker’s Island Ice-Cream-stand. It’ll probably arrive after the new museum and tour boat rides begin.

See http://www.boston.co...L9pN/story.html for additional details.

Or if you can’t wait for the Baker’s Island renovation, go to Captain Dusty's Ice Cream at Lynch Park in Beverly. The mint chip is especially good.

CAM-able Leon

You might narrow down the scope of what you say your allowed to do, when you talk with private property owners. We are allowed to fish, fowl and navigate in the intertidal area.

This doc should help:

http://www.mass.gov/czm/shorelinepublicaccess.htm

You might narrow down the scope of what you say your allowed to do, when you talk with private property owners. We are allowed to fish, fowl and navigate in the intertidal area.

This doc should help:

http://www.mass.gov/...ublicaccess.htm

Yes, I stand <sit> corrected. Actually, I meant to say that “I’m sitting here eating (or sunbathing) while I’m bird watching. Didja see that fat seagull?”

* ”The Massachusetts Attorney General takes the position that the right of fowling also includes other ways that birds can be "used," such as birdwatching”

Launch from Cashman Park in Newburyport, or somewhere thereabouts, paddle to downtown Newburyport, get gelato at gelato place downtown, paddle around some more, then back to Cashman Park.

The gelato there really is very good.....plenty of flavors to.