No one is paddling Saturday?

alcoons

I, for one, can't paddle on Saturday this week which is why I posted a trip for Sunday and Friday. There has been no interest for either of those trips, though.

Perhaps but it would definitely have to be a CAM. This is my first season raising chickens for meat and I don't know enough to lead a group :th_bf-hurrismileypalm:

Hi Al,

I'm a probable. Where do you wanna go? If I bring chicken it'll be curried, not clucking....

Ern

If you become a definite, Boston Harbor (see posting in this conference) as planned would be nice. If I am alone, I am launching at Conomo later in the morning. However, I am open to what is comfortable.

I'd love to paddle, but would prefer something starting a little later with a little less distance than the Boston Harbor trip you posted. (I'm a level 2-3 paddler as far as skills go, but closer to 2 as far as distance and speed go.)

The Hahbah sounds great. I had proposed such a tour months ago for the following Saturday, but forgot to post it.

In deference to Carolyn et al maybe 10:30-11AM is better? We can easily add or delete islands as chop, comfort, and fatigue dictate, keeping this around an L2.5, given requisite care during the channel crossings.

Does that make four of us?

Just confirmed with Al:

Arrive10AM as there may be parking concerns given it's a Saturday; BIB expected by 11 AM.

Tides suggest a clockwise trip for ease.

Carolyn, Diane...please confirm.

Cheers.

Ern

Diane,

Take Winthrop Shore Drive (145) south, squiggling west to Shirley, south to Taft, south to parking lot on left at the very end at entrance to Deer Island. We'll at least unload there if parking is skimpy.

We'll put in either on the west or east side depending upon rocks, wind, etc.

Carolyn,

Your cell?

See ya c. 10AM.

Ern

Tour the Harbor Islands from Wintrop. Level 2+ or 3- because of a possible combination of distance, tides, boat traffic and possible wind and waves, and current in Hull Gut (this has never been a problem along the Hull Shore). Those already signed up have indicated they can handle lower level three but want to a reduced pace and distance more like a level 2+.

Date: Saturday 7/21

Launch: Launch at 11 AM or as soon as we are all ready. Due to limited parking please try to arrive at 10 AM.

Put in/Route: Possible Tour of islands but may be too long for some: 10-12 miles http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3013230

Trip Type and Tone: CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves.

Bring: Water & lunch

Tides: Low Tide: Around 7:30 AM, High Tide: Around 1:40 PM

Al Coons

Cetus

Red over white, mostly over