York Harbor to Nubble Light Cape Neddick

Gcosloy

Hoping to do this sometime this coming week. Post here and let us know what days are OK for you. I'm good every day save Tuesday. The goal would be to circumnavigate Nubble Light, although the CG may have other ideas. As we leave York Harbor there are plenty of rocks and Long Sands is popular as a surfing beach. Straight ahead paddling gives a round trip of about 10 miles.

Looks like the consensus is for Friday 7/20 HT is 12:30PM and LT is 6:30PM not the most favorable for getting out and back via the harbor. I suggest launching at noon when the flood will be minimal and getting back by 5PM where paddling against the ebb won't be too bad. We can stop for rest and snacks at Short Sands. Currently NOAA indicates good weather for Friday but its early and that could change.

Chip,

I think I could do Friday too. Could you please email this southerner (or post here) the directions (suitable for a car GPS) as well as a google maps or something similar.

- Biff

I'll drive directly to the put-in. Please someone (probably Shari or Gene) email me a cell number to call in case I run into a problem or my GPS lies to me.

leon dot g at verizon dot net

Trip is a go! Wind 6-7 from East gusts 8-9 It should be cool on the water. Bring paddle jacket. Sunny, no rain and 1 footers off Long Sands. Meet at 11:30-launch at noon. Biff you may call my cell 207 651 2779.

Biff you may call my cell 207 651 2779.

10-4.

Also, bring the keepers and I'll bring $,