2012 CAM Workshops complete!

PeterB

The 2012 CAM workshop program finished on Sunday with a group of 15 paddling trip out of Odiorne in Rye NH. Conditions were considerably beyond L2, even in the protected areas of Little Harbor, so the L2 module was cancelled but the L3 group had a good day.

This was the final day of four-part program: 2 classroom workshops orchestrated by Scott Camlin, and two on- the-water sessions, anchored by Scott and Rick Crangle, and Galen Carey, with myself, Phil and Lorrie Allen. Attendance this year was not high , but there was some positive feedback from the presenters and participants re: the quality of the program.

Special thanks to Scott Camlin, who prepared the program, Rick Crangle, and Galen who ran the L2 group on the first session (and was prepared for Sunday with Lorrie Allen) Lorrie and Phil Allen.

NSPN has lots of presenters and these workshops are a great setting to get everybody together in a learning environment on the water. . These are not easy to put together as the availability of presenters, location, conditions must all be come together on dates that don't conflict with other spring events. . But we hope that we can continue to sustain and build this program, and your input on how to make the program more successful is always welcome.

NSPN has lots of presenters and these workshops are a great setting to get everybody together in a learning environment on the water. . These are not easy to put together as the availability of presenters, location, conditions must all be come together on dates that don't conflict with other spring events.

While perhaps at best a peripheral member and not a beneficiary of the CAM session efforts, I nevertheless want to express my gratitude to all those members who have expended time and energy and sacrificed valuable paddle time for the benefit of the club for this and other events during the year. As Peter says, it is not easy to do so. I believe their efforts help assure the club continues to have vitality for the region's seakayaking community and that is no small matter.

Ed Lawson