Ladies Paddle 06/10

Katherine

Katherine,

I'd love to join you on the 10th. My earlier post did not make it to the board (??). Is there still room? What put-in are you using? Is it the parking lot/boat ramp on the river just before entering odiorne park proper?

Thanks,

Shari

ooops...just saw page 2 on the posts.... all set!!

Katherine, I'd love to join you! I live in Wenham MA if anyone wants to carpool or meet (should that be necessary).

Shari

Shari, do you have carpool plans? If not, Newburyport is on the way from Wenham. I'll be glad to drive or we can put my boat on your car, either way. Let me know if that works for you - Florrie (978-462-3939)

Hi Florrie,

Stopping in NPT to carpool works fine for me. I just need to check if I have a second car rack that I can use.. just got a new (old) car!. If I can't work out the rack, I am happy to strap my kayak onto your car.

Shari

Hi Florrie,

Stopping in NPT to carpool works fine for me. I just need to check if I have a second car rack that I can use.. just got a new (old) car!. If I can't work out the rack, I am happy to strap my kayak onto your car.

Shari

Shari, that's great. Do you want to call or email me and we can work out the details? Thanks - Florrie

Hi Florrie, I was unable to PM you. Here is my email: sharigallant@verizondotnet. Could you send me your address and/or directions? If I don't get an email, i'll try your cell. Shari

Please reply here if you are interested. Location will depend on the experience of the paddlers and time will depend on the tide/s. And... Kittery Point is most likely!

I am a returning member and looking forward to meeting everyone..see you there.

PLEASE READ THE RSVP DIRECTIONS in the post with the details so we may complete a float plan ahead of time!

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Katherine

:douglas:

PLEASE READ THE RSVP INSTRUCTIONS contained in the post with the details. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Hello All,

How great to see the many responses and to have the paddle be a "hot" topic; which is only as it should be, woo-hoo.

I would like to have our float plan completed ahead of time to save us time at the launch site and to also know who will be attending for sure.

Please PM me your RSVP prior to noon Saturday and include this information:

Your Name

emergency contact

individual contact - preferably cell phone

boat - color/make

skill level

Here is some other important information:

Check the message board for cancellation due to weather on Saturday morning early!

Here is a link to where "put-in's" are listed on the website: http://www.nspn.org/put_ins.htm

Directions are pasted from that link below.

Seavey Creek/Odiorne

A popular put-in in the Portsmouth area (Rye, NH) is Seavey Creek, just before Odiorne State Park. From the North or West, head S on Rte 1 at the traffic circle. Travel 2.0 miles(you will cross Sagamore Creek), and turn left onto Elwyn Road at the traffic light. Travel 1.4 miles to Foyes Corner, and proceed straight on Rte. 1A (Pioneer Rd) for 1.1 miles to Seavey Creek. There is free, sometimes congested parking on the near side of the Creek, and the launch is muddy. A $5 parking/launch fee is charged at the lot on the far side of the Creek, but there is a gradual cement launching surface.

We will be launching from the parking lot where they do charge $5 I think. It is collected in an envelope and deposited in the iron post at the entrance. The reason for launching there is that the creek side has been really tight lately as the tide has changed the parking area over there. I have driven by there at high and there is very little room to park and sometimes cars have the water lapping at their tires.

Upon arrival, start getting ready but don't put all the boats on the boat ramp while waiting to launch. Put them off to the side until we are all ready to launch and we can then all carry the boats down together.

Our plans are for a level 2 leisurely paddle. Here is a link explaining the paddle levels on NSPN:

http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm

here is a link that explains what to bring on a paddle:

http://www.nspn.org/what_to_bring.htm

Please be sure to review the weather and conditions ahead of time so that you know you are prepared for the day.

www.noaa.gov

type in Portsmouth, NH

Check the marine point forecast for the area by clicking in the water just off the Portsmouth area. That will give you the specific marine forecast for that area.

Don't forget to bring a positive attitude, your adventurous spirit and lunch and water to drink!

I am looking forward to paddling with all of you.

PS: If you are unable to join us after you have RSVP'd please PM me so we will know not to expect or wait for you. If you need to reach me and do not have access to a computer my cell is 978-778-4585.

:th_bf-bootjesmiley002:

Diane Crefeld and my friend Rhonda

Rhonda

We are both level two

I have a perception carolina, 16 feet, blue

She has a tsunami, I think, 14 feet?, mango

She is working today.

phone number for me 508-981-9125

I don't really have an emergecny contact.

You can call my sister in NY 914-921-0710

I'll have to talk to Rhonda tonight.

I am sorry about the inquiry about ordione point. THe final info just popped up after I posted my question.

I guess I needed to refresh.

Thanks.

Diane