New to Kayaking Workshop Pool Session

rylevine

We had the NSPN New to Kayaking Workshop Pool Session at the Haverhill High School Pool today from 1:30 to 4:00. There were about 15 participants. All had attended the workshop at the Gould Barn in Topsfield last week. Instructors Kevin, Leslie, Pru, Sal, and myself explained, demonstrated, and monitored participant trials in wet exits, t-rescues, paddle float self-rescue, and some strokes. Gillian observed and helped from the pool deck. Participants were also taught safe kayak entry and exit from the deck. All but one of the nine kayaks were provided by the instructors. While the pool seemed a little crowded, if anything the chaos was constructive and fun! I think the participants left more knowledgeable about sea kayaks, and everyone enjoyed the humor and good cheer of the session. I would like to thank Kevin, Gillian, Leslie, Pru and Sal for making the pool session a success.

Bob

We had the NSPN New to Kayaking Workshop Pool Session at the Haverhill High School Pool today from 1:30 to 4:00. There were about 15 participants. All had attended the workshop at the Gould Barn in Topsfield last week. Instructors Kevin, Leslie, Pru, Sal, and myself explained, demonstrated, and monitored participant trials in wet exits, t-rescues, paddle float self-rescue, and some strokes. Gillian observed and helped from the pool deck. Participants were also taught safe kayak entry and exit from the deck. All but one of the nine kayaks were provided by the instructors. While the pool seemed a little crowded, if anything the chaos was constructive and fun! I think the participants left more knowledgeable about sea kayaks, and everyone enjoyed the humor and good cheer of the session. I would like to thank Kevin, Gillian, Leslie, Pru and Sal for making the pool session a success.

Bob

And........Thank you Bob for organizing and moderating

And........Thank you Bob for organizing and moderating

Bob deserves a great deal of credit not only for the pool session but also for his efforts in getting the New to Sea Kayaking Workshop going.

Thanks again Bob,

Al