New to Sea Kayaking Workshop

lhunt

The NTSKW was a great success! A beautiful day (despite three raindrops as we were setting up at 7:30) and a really good program that I think inspired a number of attendees to think about moving from fresh water to salt water. Al, Leslie and Kevin's presentations were informative, funny and engaging. Al, with his high school teacher experience, managed to manage a bunch of opinionated NSPNers (herding cats!) to get the the formal educational part of the day organized. Blaine went above and beyond in taking care of tons of stuff. Ernie, Lisa, Rene, Jeff, Doug and Doug, Peter, Glen - oh dear, who am I forgetting! I'm sorry! - brought a willingness to work, boats, gear, and knowledge. The attendees had lots of good questions not only during the presentations, but at the break and lunch afterward, when we were able to chat with them at greater length, and folks looked at and sat in the many boats.

And if any of you attendees are reading this - either as new members of NSPN or not - thanks for coming and hope we'll be seeing you out on the water!

pru