NTKW Pool Session

rylevine

We now have 73 RSVPs for the New to Kayaking Workshop, a huge response due mostly to the efforts of Al, Blaine, and everyone that posted fliers and/or contacted meetup group leaders.

A week after the NTKW (April 21, Gould Barn) is the NTKW pool session at the Haverhill High School pool, April 28, 1:30-4:00. The goal of the pool session is to have NTKW participants be able to get into a kayak on water, balance and become comfortable in the boat, and learn some rudimentary skills. Obviously, we cannot have 73 people in the pool, so will have to cap it at some much smaller number (10-20?) that depends on the number of NSPN volunteer instructors. I'm preparing the itinerary for the pool session that will be sent to NTKW participants; and Al will take names of attendees at the April 21 NTKW. Consequently, by April 21 we need to know how many NSPN volunteers we have for the April 28th session. Right now, Leslie and I are signed up with four boats, which could accommodate 4 pods of two people each - or eight participants. A few more volunteer instructors and boats, and I think we would be able to offer the pool session to 10-20 NTKW participants, perhaps more. There is a 12 boat maximum in the pool. The prerequisites to being an instructor are minimal among active NSPN members - L2/L3 paddle experience should do it. Of course, there is no charge to volunteers (or NTKW participants). Please post here or PM to me if you are available to be a volunteer instructor for the NTKW pool session. Thanks!

Bob

We now have 73 RSVPs for the New to Kayaking Workshop, a huge response due mostly to the efforts of Al, Blaine, and everyone that posted fliers and/or contacted meetup group leaders.

A week after the NTKW (April 21, Gould Barn) is the NTKW pool session at the Haverhill High School pool, April 28, 1:30-4:00. The goal of the pool session is to have NTKW participants be able to get into a kayak on water, balance and become comfortable in the boat, and learn some rudimentary skills. Obviously, we cannot have 73 people in the pool, so will have to cap it at some much smaller number (10-20?) that depends on the number of NSPN volunteer instructors. I'm preparing the itinerary for the pool session that will be sent to NTKW participants; and Al will take names of attendees at the April 21 NTKW. Consequently, by April 21 we need to know how many NSPN volunteers we have for the April 28th session. Right now, Leslie and I are signed up with four boats, which could accommodate 4 pods of two people each - or eight participants. A few more volunteer instructors and boats, and I think we would be able to offer the pool session to 10-20 NTKW participants, perhaps more. There is a 12 boat maximum in the pool. The prerequisites to being an instructor are minimal among active NSPN members - L2/L3 paddle experience should do it. Of course, there is no charge to volunteers (or NTKW participants). Please post here or PM to me if you are available to be a volunteer instructor for the NTKW pool session. Thanks!

Bob

Bob, I'll help out and can bring a boat........or two

• 2 weeks later...

Still requesting volunteers for the NTKW pool session (April 28, 1:30-4:00, Haverhill pool). More volunteers means that we can offer the pool session to more NTKW participants. See description above. Post here or PM to me if you are able to attend. Thanks!

Bob