Ellesmere Island expedition

jason

Quite the adventure,great story.

Sounds like Turk had cut it mighty close, glad he's ok.

Absolutely loved the photo of Boomer paddling with this huge amount of stuff on his back deck.

(I wonder how many "purists" will have the nerve to tell them they did it all wrong having stuff on their decks :->

Did it actually say it was a 13 ft boat...?

Great take on what to do if a wolf wanders into camp..or polar bear...

In 1981 I spent the summer on Baffin Island to the south of Ellsemere and I can't say enough about how incredibly raw, intense and beautiful that part of the world is. When there, I met a professor from the community college on the Cape who had been doing repeat trips to Baffin Islands eastern coastline using just an inflatable kayak exploring completely on his own and this predated much of the electronic gear we have today for sending out an emergency broadcast or simply contacting another radio. He was way ahead of the curve in terms of kayaking adventures in real remote areas. He loved the inflatable because it was easy to slide-drag over the ice. I don't remember his name though.