Another full-moon jaunt...

Pintail

Saturday 13th August, Lanes Cove; 1830 for 1900 departure.

Mellow, so that all should feel comfortable -- seas are usually calm for the full-moon paddles! I shall try to organize same conditions...

Saturday 13th August, Lanes Cove; 1830 for 1900 departure.

Mellow, so that all should feel comfortable -- seas are usually calm for the full-moon paddles! I shall try to organize same conditions...

High winds? The forecast on land calls for wind speed of up to 8 mph tomorrow evening (according to weather underground), . . . which converts to about 7 knots. Where do you get forecasts for winds over the water?

Watching the moon rise over the oceans is appealing to me. I'm into launching from Gloucester Harbor.

Beth

The forecast looks pretty benign.

Anyone interested in a change in route? How about Gloucester harbor to Braces Cove? That would allow us to watch the moon rise over the ocean. Liz

Hi,

There aren't any directions to Gloucester Harbor on the "Put-Ins" page. Could/would someone provide directions and Christopher are we changing launch sites?

Kaherine

Pavillion beach Gloucester it is, then (Greasy Pole, that is). Same time. I shall park east of there by about seventy-five yards -- parking is easier at Chamber of Commerce and parking lot next-door...and it's slightly less public than at the "port-a-potty ramp" where I always feel to be under a very scrutinizing public gaze! ;^ )

Let's meet at Pintail's favorite place: The parking lot next to the Birdseye building on Commercial Street. For directions, look up this address: 33 Commercial Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 (That is the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce.) There is a big parking lot next to the Chamber's lot. We will be there.

Heading into Gloucester, at the rotary head to downtown on Washington St. (Rt 127). When you reach the Joan of Arc statue bear right. (You will see the harbor. Do not go there.) TAKE THE FIRST LEFT. You will come to a stop sign at a fairly confusing intersection. Go straight. (Gas station will be on your right.) Then take a right. (Parking lot will be on your left.) Then bear left. One block later the Chamber of Commerce building will be on your right. Enter the second parking lot.

See you there at 6:30 PM for a 7 PM launch. Liz

Let's meet at Pintail's favorite place: The parking lot next to the Birdseye building on Commercial Street. For directions, look up this address: 33 Commercial Street, Gloucester, MA 01930 (That is the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce.) There is a big parking lot next to the Chamber's lot. We will be there.

I got my white light and the GPS programmed for the C of C. See you at 6:30.

Larry

Heading into Gloucester, at the rotary head to downtown on Washington St. (Rt 127). When you reach the Joan of Arc statue bear right. (You will see the harbor. Do not go there.) TAKE THE FIRST LEFT. You will come to a stop sign at a fairly confusing intersection. Go straight. (Gas station will be on your right.) Then take a right. (Parking lot will be on your left.) Then bear left. One block later the Chamber of Commerce building will be on your right. Enter the second parking lot.

See you there at 6:30 PM for a 7 PM launch. Liz

Okay, I know where you'll park. But where will you launch? I might be able to make it.

Leon: right there, beyond the Chamber of Commerce -- it is about 75yd east of Greasy Pole put-in...same stretch of sand...

MikeA: you'll be very welcome. This will be a relaxed evening, I assure you.

Leon: right there, beyond the Chamber of Commerce -- it is about 75yd east of Greasy Pole put-in...same stretch of sand...

MikeA: you'll be very welcome. This will be a relaxed evening, I assure you.

I can't make it today. Anyone reading this at this late stage please tell Christopher and Liz.