looking for charger for HX460SB VHF

jeffcasey

My HX460SB - one of the many purchased in a club lot many years ago - is still running, but the charger seems

to have gotten lost in the move. I know that there are a lot of folks who gave up on this radio out there...

are there any chargers left around with no radios to mate to? I can rig something up, but this is easier.....

(2nd choice -- if anybody has a charger and won't let it go, can you check the polarity of the plug? I know

that it is 7.2V, but I can't find doc on the polarity.)

(2nd choice -- if anybody has a charger and won't let it go, can you check the polarity of the plug? I know

that it is 7.2V, but I can't find doc on the polarity.)

I would be very surprised if it was not positive center and would go with that. I would expect there to be a reverse polarity protection circuit so no harm if wrong, but its not my radio.

You should be able to charge the battery with anything up to around 15 volts so the easiest thing might be a car accessory cable with the correct plug. Don't worry about charging only at the battery's rated voltage. The owner's manual can be downloaded from S-H's site, FWIW.

Ed Lawson

Casey-san, I believe I am the answer to your...dilemma. Listen, mate: I have a 460 that receives weather channels; but squelch now jammed in one position and I do not think it transmits (we can test) -- you may probably have my charger and I'll just throw the gadget away? (Maybe the battery is special and therefore "throwing away" will not be an option?)

I have a smaller handheld R/T as well as that one.

i'm too scotch to let you toss a working radio, even if working is a generous term. perhaps i can contribute to its replacement?

in any case, don't throw the battery away!!! if we work a deal, i'll take the battery along with the charger.