Little Harbor to Wallis Sands

Gcosloy

It was really a good Friday for the four of us who navigated Rye Rocks up to Wallis Sands and then back. The seas and wind were mild enough to encourage rock play for beginners (moi) and no real drama ensued on the way. Coming back the swells picked up a bit and the same rocks now required a bit more skill. Not just boat control and timing but awareness of swell direction and force. Some were able to surf a bit on the offshore swell. As predicted we did ride the last of the high tide back to the put-in and enjoyed each others company on a rare glorious day for this April.

It turned out to be a beautiful day with a nice group of guys. Easy pace and casual atmosphere.

As I sit here watching the snow accumulate I am more than a little envious of weekday paddlers.

Ed Lawson

No joke, been snowing for past two hours.

On this paddle I got to briefly paddle a P&H Delphin, which is a very cool boat. 15'6" long or thereabouts. Stable, tracks very well, nice cockpit ergonomics , extremely maneuverable, and I caught a tiny wave that suggested that this boat surfs well. Can wriggle into some tight spots in rock gardens , and no trouble at all traveling from Odiorne to Wallis Sands and back, a "normal" day trip; sometimes I think we too often look for boat length when we needn't.

Friday was a great day to be out on the water. Started out of Rye Harbor at 1:00P and paddled up to Odiorne hoping to see you guys. Needed to be off the water by 4:00P so could not journey further. Still getting my sea legs and getting use to the Romany. Hope to join you guys on future trips.

Safe travels,

Warren

Friday was a great day to be out on the water. Started out of Rye Harbor at 1:00P and paddled up to Odiorne hoping to see you guys. Needed to be off the water by 4:00P so could not journey further. Still getting my sea legs and getting use to the Romany. Hope to join you guys on future trips.

Safe travels,

Warren

Sorry to have missed you Warren. The Romany did great among the rocks. I'm sure we'll see you on the water soon.