Upgraded message board

Bill Gwynn

OK, different answer:

If I'm logged out, both the upper right "View New Content" link and the "Message Boards"->"Today's Active Content", both take me to a "Active content in the last 24 hours" page.

If I'm logged in, the "Message Boards" route takes me to the same place where I can see the past 24 hrs. If I use "View New Content" it takes me to a "New Content" page that seems to only show what is posted in the past 24 hrs and I haven't read yet. ...and is now empty. In any case, the "New Content" page contains no option to select 24hrs, week, etc...

All of the above is the desktop/PC version. On the mobile version it doesn't matter if I'm signed in or not. I can get to a page that lets me select a period (24hrs, week, etc...) but refuses to provide a list of topics, or I can go to the new content page which doesn't list anything I've already read and doesn't let me select a history length.

If your not logged in it can't track what you have read. If your login new content will be new content.

I'm really much more interested in the 24hr and 1 week options which are elusive in the desktop version and don't exist in the mobile version.

...but I'm still greatful for what you guys have done. ;)

When you sign out it's no longer effective at tracking what you have viewed and it then gives you the option to see active content. That screen then has a drop down for 24hours, 1Week 2 weeks etc.

If you stay signed in you see what's new to you. If you sign out you will see the changes in the last x hours. If you have an I-Phone I think that you will really enjoy the appliction it does a good job of interacting with the forum.

-Jason

Looks great, Jason and Bill. I can no longer find my old email or PM section??? I'm on a mac, Firefox. I can see where to PM on a specific member, but don't know where the messages live? Thanks.

Couple of ways...both are up next to your name on the top right. On the arrow next to your name, the drop down menu choose My Settings, then on the new page on the left side choose My Notifications. Or...more to the right of your name is another drop down which will link you directly to your PM's.

When you sign out it's no longer effective at tracking what you have viewed and it then gives you the option to see active content. That screen then has a drop down for 24hours, 1Week 2 weeks etc.

If you stay signed in you see what's new to you. If you sign out you will see the changes in the last x hours.

Yup! I've figure that much out. I get that.

The recent (24hr, week, etc...) active content is preferable to seeing what's new to me. I asking if it is possible to make these options available through the "View New Content" link/page.

More importantly, can it be made available on the mobile version. With the desktop version I know how to get to it, its just harder than it needs to be. With the mobile version it appears to be completely inaccessible.

As I've said, I think that the site is mostly great and I'm thankful you guys have donated your time to it. The updates are fantastic. They make the desktop site noticeably cleaner and even make it more usable on mobile devices. That there is a mobile version at all is a fabulous update. I'm not trying to get into any sort of flame war here. I do, however, feel that there is a couple of things that (if not too difficult to implement) would noticeably improve it even further. My multiple posts aren't to argue, they are only because it appears that my point is getting missed.

If you have an I-Phone I think that you will really enjoy the appliction it does a good job of interacting with the forum.

That's nice. There's a lot to like about the iPhone. ...but its unlikely that I'll ever buy one as there is also a lot to dislike about them. Though this may be about to change, one of their biggest problems has been that they are not available on a network that has good coverage and service for the areas that I need it. That is an immediate dis-qualifier. There are a lot of other reasons that I don't expect that I will ever buy an iPhone. I hope that this isn't becoming an Apple only site.

Thanks!

Ty

Yup! I've figure that much out. I get that.

The recent (24hr, week, etc...) active content is preferable to seeing what's new to me. I asking if it is possible to make these options available through the "View New Content" link/page.

More importantly, can it be made available on the mobile version. With the desktop version I know how to get to it, its just harder than it needs to be. With the mobile version it appears to be completely inaccessible.

As I've said, I think that the site is mostly great and I'm thankful you guys have donated your time to it. The updates are fantastic. They make the desktop site noticeably cleaner and even make it more usable on mobile devices. That there is a mobile version at all is a fabulous update. I'm not trying to get into any sort of flame war here. I do, however, feel that there is a couple of things that (if not too difficult to implement) would noticeably improve it even further. My multiple posts aren't to argue, they are only because it appears that my point is getting missed.

That's nice. There's a lot to like about the iPhone. ...but its unlikely that I'll ever buy one as there is also a lot to dislike about them. Though this may be about to change, one of their biggest problems has been that they are not available on a network that has good coverage and service for the areas that I need it. That is an immediate dis-qualifier. There are a lot of other reasons that I don't expect that I will ever buy an iPhone. I hope that this isn't becoming an Apple only site.

Thanks!

Ty

Trust me it's far from an apple only site. I use Linux 99% of the time but have an Iphone. Billy is a big time Mac person with an Android. Billy has some Andoid thoughts are we are looking at.

-Jason

We just installed tapatalk for android to the message board. You can get tapatalk for android from the market place. There is a free version and a paid version for $2.99. I think this will provide the enhanced features some of you are looking for.

Hey Bill and Jason,

Just a thought to tuck away for a day when there is really nothing else you can come up with to do...

When I click on the "Sign In" link in the upper R corner, it would be nice if the cursor was in the sign-in name box so I can just start typing. At this point, I need to click inside the sign-in name box to make the cursor appear there before I can type.

Thanks for all your efforts, Jon

I see that when one adds a photo attachment to a posting, it does not automatically reduce. Is there perhaps a setting I am not aware of without having to reduce it from my end first before downloading it?

Doug