Surfing Nahant Sunday 11/7

bbjorn

The surf forecast is looking quite nice for Nahant this weekend. Saturday is predicted to be the sportier day (6 feet), and Sunday a bit tamer (4.5 ft.). ( http://magicseaweed.com/Nahant-Surf-Report/1091/ )

Bob Levine and I are planning to be there Sunday afternoon. We'll be playing in the surf zone and polishing our skills at rolling, self-rescue, assisted rescue, and maybe some towing.

If anyone is interested in joining the fun (mayhem?), you can post here or just show up. At this point we're not sure which beach we'll be at, the first one on the left side of the causeway, or the next beach you come to on the main road, just past the peninsula on the left. It depends on conditions and crowds. Sorry, don't know the names of either beach.

This is a CAM activity -- no instruction will be provided and, while we will of course be looking out for each other, we are each ultimately responsible for our own butts. This is merely an opportunity to do some surfing, get wet, and hang out with fellow paddlers.

I plan to get there around noon. Look for a dark blue Subaru Outback with two racks and an anti-tailgating bumper sticker, or look further out for my orange Nordlow (or equally likely, its white underside).

Blaine Bjornstad

Gonna Bail for Sunday, looks like its gonna be VERY windy that day, not much fun IMHO.

Tomorrow is the day, it will be somewhat smaller at Kings beach, I'll be surfing there most likley.

If its to small I'll paddle over to Long beach.

The predicted conditions are getting more sporty, so before driving to Nahant on Sunday, please check here for any update or cancellation.

Blaine