Down East Symposium?

Suz

There are 5 of us that I know of heading up from the Albany, NY area. This will be the 5th year for Pete, Celia and me AND the Symposium. Last year Mel promised some special celebrations of the 5 year anniversary :)

I've enjoyed the Symposium for the last four years: great location, paddling and people at the best time of year. This year I've :headBang: been slammed at work (two deadlines at once) so I'd been unable to commit, so it must be a last minute thing for me; :1631: I think I'll most likely be there for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I would like to do a saturday. For me it will be the same as Peter - last minute decision.

I've enjoyed the Symposium for the last four years: great location, paddling and people at the best time of year. This year I've :headBang: been slammed at work (two deadlines at once) so I'd been unable to commit, so it must be a last minute thing for me; :1631: I think I'll most likely be there for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Who is heading up for the Down East Symposium?

As others have said, great place, time, people, and whatever.

One thing about Downeast is there are classes for all levels including absolute beginners.

If I recall correctly, one year someone who was just visiting MDI and walked walked into learn about paddling with essentially zero experience took some classes and ended up winning the most improved paddler award.

To say there is wonderful paddling in area is an understatement. Gail and enjoyed alternating classes with day paddles one year.

No connection if this seems a plug for event. Just personal opinion it is well worth the trip up to Downeast Symposium for many reasons. Where else will you see a bumper sticker saying, "I'd rather be having sex on Isleford"?

Ed Lawson

They should offer it as a class

No connection if this seems a plug for event. Just personal opinion it is well worth the trip up to Downeast Symposium for many reasons. Where else will you see a bumper sticker saying, "I'd rather be having sex on Isleford"?

Ed Lawson

Was considering the campground at Hadleys Point.

Have not camped there, but there is a nice campground at the head of Sommes Sound.

Location is centrally located for classes. Around 10-15 minutes from Symposium Headquarters and night events is my SWAG.

http://www.ssvc.info/

Hadley Point is essentially next door to Symposium Headquarters so that would be good too, but is farther from where classes have started historically.

Ed Lawson

I'm considering it ... getting there late friday night for the sessions on saturday and sunday. Where are people staying ? Was considering the campground at Hadleys Point.

Barry.

Hadleys Point Campground is where the coaches will be camping. It is within walking distance of "headquarters" and I believe that Mark is asking for all participants to check in there in the morning in the event there were any overnight changes. Verify that with Mark but that is my understanding.

I think that there are activities in the evening that will be taking place at "headquarters" - wine/cheese party and something else that escapes me right now.

Will be heading up on Thursday morning.

Suz

I'm taking a class on friday and leaving it open for saturday - whether to take a class or not is up in the air...money is tight --- I need a new drysuit and looking around at boats ( and the economy sucks). If anyone is interested in just plain paddling - I might be up for that. I also majorly messed up my work schedule this week end (dumped saturday to a pool nurse!)

Hey Suz - could you bring up a medium womens suit for me to try on????

I'm taking a class on friday and leaving it open for saturday If anyone is interested in just plain paddling - I might be up for that.

If btodd is who I think, then will check in on just paddling Sat. as might be a fun thing to do and have day open...sort of.... Might be the most "interesting" day of the weekend for whatever that is worth. Will talk when we see you or will call.

Ed Lawson

I'm taking a class on friday and leaving it open for saturday - whether to take a class or not is up in the air...money is tight --- I need a new drysuit and looking around at boats ( and the economy sucks). If anyone is interested in just plain paddling - I might be up for that. I also majorly messed up my work schedule this week end (dumped saturday to a pool nurse!)

Hey Suz - could you bring up a medium womens suit for me to try on????

Bringing up plenty for people to use while taking classes!

Suz