CAPE NEDDICK..Bald Head Cliff..Perkins Cove to OGUNQUIT ME

Doug

Time to test our skills...

I am planning a trip from Cape Neddick Campground to Ogunquit Beach ME and back on (REVISED DATE) Sunday AUGUST 1st.

I rate this this L3 or higher as there are not many safe areas to bail out. Rocky cliffs and shoals are numerous. Exposure to ocean swells.

Estimate 12-13 miles in total. This is some beautiful coastal terrain that I have only experienced by powerboat and have wanted to explore by kayak for years.

Check out interactive map of this trip plan.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3904627

Launch at 11:00AM

Food & Rest at Ogunquit on the south side of the river mouth. (Small sandy beach)

Low Tide in Cape Neddick 9:48 AM

High Tide 3:59PM

Cape Neddick Campground will let us park and launch from their beach for a $10 launch/parking fee.

I am looking to do this on a sunny day. After all, it is summer.

Will reschedule for the following week if weather becomes an issue.

Please post interest here. Would like to put together an 8 paddler pod...

Bald Head Cliff

post-100651-1279976341_thumb.jpg

If this ends up on Sunday I'd be interested, Saturday is Habitat (for Humanity) day for me. Also curious if any local knowledge speaks of Boon Island. Its at once intriguing and looks like another open water crossing followed by "why did we do this?".

Time to test our skills...

I am planning a trip from Cape Neddick Campground to Ogunquit Beach ME and back on (REVISED DATE) Sunday AUGUST 1st.

I rate this this L3 or higher as there are not many safe areas to bail out. Rocky cliffs and shoals are numerous. Exposure to ocean swells.

Estimate 12-13 miles in total. This is some beautiful coastal terrain that I have only experienced by powerboat and have wanted to explore by kayak for years.

Check out interactive map of this trip plan.

Launch at 11:00AM

Food & Rest at Ogunquit on the south side of the river mouth. (Small sandy beach)

Low Tide in Cape Neddick 9:48 AM

High Tide 3:59PM

Cape Neddick Campground will let us park and launch from their beach for a $10 launch/parking fee.

I am looking to do this on a sunny day. After all, it is summer.

Will reschedule for the following week if weather becomes an issue.

Please post interest here. Would like to put together an 8 paddler pod...

Bald Head Cliff

Revised Date: SUNDAY, August 1st, 11:00AM

Bald Head Cliff

Oh man. Doug. You really know how to bait a hook. If that picture doesn't entice I'm not sure what would. Didn't realize such stuff was that close at hand.. Gail and I are interested and will confirm later in week. Not need to mess with landing on swimming/surfing beach..right? And then down to Fox's for Food?

Ed Lawson

It looks like we have 7 definitely going so far::

Me... Doug

Bob Bud

Gene C

Sal

Les

Bob K & The other Doug

Not sure yet:

Barry

Ed & Gail

Scott K

Cathy F

Given the numbers above, we will likely split up into more than one pod.

If you wish to cancel or confirm, please let me know.

Doug

It looks like we have 7 definitely going so far::

Me... Doug

Bob Bud

Gene C

Sal

Les

Bob K & The other Doug

Not sure yet:

Barry

Ed & Gail

Scott K

Cathy F

Given the numbers above, we will likely split up into more than one pod.

If you wish to cancel or confirm, please let me know.

Doug

Sorry Doug,

I'm out. Next time!

Barry.

Doug and gang, looks like a great trip. I'm planning on joining you all for this paddle. Bob, I would be interested in car pooling and sharing expense. I live 5 minutes off of 95 so its right on the way. I'll check your post for confirmation.

Ross

Can you clarify exactly where the meeting point is, perhaps with directions or a mapquest/google maps where I can get directions?

Also, please confirm the launch time is still 11 AM. I assume that means everyone will be arriving around 10:30?

Bob

Doug,

It looks like Cape Neddick Campground is at a slightly different spot than Shore Road, where the marker is on the map. I cannot get this thing to give me directions, although I can probably figure it out.

Would you mind sharing your Cell number, in case I get a little lost. Also, if you have an exact street address that would be helpful, then I can mapquest it.

Thanks,

Bob

Cape Neddick Campground. Look for my kayak near the water. I will be there by 10AM

Ch 72. You cant miss us.

Doug,

It looks like Cape Neddick Campground is at a slightly different spot than Shore Road, where the marker is on the map. I cannot get this thing to give me directions, although I can probably figure it out.

Would you mind sharing your Cell number, in case I get a little lost. Also, if you have an exact street address that would be helpful, then I can mapquest it.

Thanks,

Bob

Cape Neddick campground (62 Shore Road Ext., Cape Neddick ME) has an office where we will pay to park somewhere near where we launch. I imagine we will probably launch at a boat ramp , or beach area or something at the bridge. I will investigate when I arrive. You will see my car somewhere near there. I drive a Grey metallic Honda Crosstour with yakama J racks on one side.

I paddle a school bus yellow over yellow Cetus w/P&H team logo on the deck.Email me Doug@NEBMdotNet & I will send my phone number.

Sea ya in the AM

1. I-95 N Partial toll road in ME

2. Take exit 7 toward ME-91/US-1

3. Continue straight 0.2 mi

4. Turn left at US-1 N 3.2 mi

5. Turn right at Cape Neddick Rd 0.9 mi

6. Turn left at Shore Rd 0.2 mi

Cape Neddick Campgrounds

62 Shore Road Ext

Cape Neddick, ME 03902

Looking to combine with 1-2 paddlers (my vehicle can carry three) to reduce carbon emissions and filled parking spots. I live in Beverly (Ma).

Bob, give a call @ 914-489-2673 about sharing a ride. Call anytime tonight I'll be up late.

Ross

Cape Neddick Campground. Look for my kayak near the water. I will be there by 10AM

Ch 72. You cant miss us.

Hi Doug,

The VAAG arrived today, so I am in!

Ern