Kennebunkport toCape Porpoise Me.

Bill H

On Sunday 7-18 Leslie B, Dee C, Scott K, Sal P, Doug M and myself Bill H

out for some fun paddling.

I really like photo 96.

Nice set of pics.

Amazing how small those lighthouse light bulbs are isn't it?

Ed Lawson

I really like photo 96.

Nice set of pics.

Amazing how small those lighthouse light bulbs are isn't it?

Ed Lawson

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking...."I hope that thing doesn't turn on while I'm looking at it." :D

This was a really fun paddle and a great place to push one's personal skill sets a bit. Nobody could have ordered a more picture perfect day or a nicer group of paddlers to have shared this event with. The trip was always varying with places to poke one's nose into and a wonderful stop on Goat Island for lunch and a free tour of the lighthouse itself.

The biggest lesson I learned on this trip is don't leave your kayak with all hatches open sitting on a beach's edge with a small waves coming in. I did that while I went to my truck, only to discover that those small waves only needed an instant to completely fill all nooks and crannies of my boat with sea water filled to the brim with sand. It was all I and passerby could do to be able to simply roll the boat to dump as much water out of it as we could, then I won't go on about how long it took to get all of the sand back out. Finally finished that task today.

Will hopefully post more pics in a day or two.

Scott