Forest River Session is on For Friday Evening

Gillian

Hey Hey,

We will be at Forest River Park this Friday evening from 5-7 for our practice session! Come on down and join us! There are some good PPPO places too if folks are interested in beer + food afterwards!

Hey Hey,

We will be at Forest River Park this Friday evening from 5-7 for our practice session! Come on down and join us! There are some good PPPO places too if folks are interested in beer + food afterwards!

Please arrive closer to 5:30 as they stop charging for parking at 5pm.

Three of us ran into each other at Salem Willows last Friday (the 9th), and I had hit Forest River first but was late and didn't see anyone. I'm definitely coming to Salem again this Friday (the 16th), and bringing my very-beginner friend with me and showing her some basics. We're open to going to Salem Willows *or* Forest River if other people can come too and have a preference.

Who's else is in, and do we want to do Salem Willows or Forest River Park?

I'm planning to come this evening, (July 9th). Is the session happening at Forest River Park?

Thanks!

Dan

Haven't heard from anyone, so I've decided on Forest River Park. I'll be there at 5:30, with two beginner friends joining a bit late, and hopefully the two folks I met last week will be coming too.

Weather forecast looks clear for the early evening but chance of isolated thundershowers for the later evening, so I figure we'll stick close to the launch and just practice skills.

Hope to see more people there!

Dan

Boo! Last week I was there, found Paul who was also looking for group, and we paddled around finding nobody until Dan showed up as we were getting out.

Next two Fridays I have out of state commitments, so I'll have to wait until July 30th. Sigh..

You guys enjoy!! I'll be thinking of you and I hope you get a sizeable group.

Lucia

Haven't heard from anyone, so I've decided on Forest River Park. I'll be there at 5:30, with two beginner friends joining a bit late, and hopefully the two folks I met last week will be coming too.

Weather forecast looks clear for the early evening but chance of isolated thundershowers for the later evening, so I figure we'll stick close to the launch and just practice skills.

Hope to see more people there!

Dan

Hi All,

I'm planning to go the Forest River session tonight, thunderstorms be damned. The boats on car, the gear is packed, and I've been given night off. I haven't been here before, hoping there will be a few other brave souls.

It's been a while since I have been active with the group, I recognize many of the names appearing on the board but not all. Looking forward to meeting up again with familiar faces and meeting the new ones.

David

Dagger Meridian (and the color is Eggplant, not Purple)

Looks like you ended up with great weather, David. Now I'm all frustrated that we decided to punt. Did anyone else show up?

I'm planning to go the Forest River session tonight, thunderstorms be damned.

Looks like you ended up with great weather, David. Now I'm all frustrated that we decided to punt. Did anyone else show up?

Beautiful evening. Very high tide and cool, clear water (no warnings at Forest River despite high bacteria counts at Marblehead beaches). Went over towing a pirouette white water kayak to practice off (other)-side roll, but ended up working on it in the Impex Assateague. After an hour or so, my wife and I were joined by David and BillyD. Very pleasant session.

Bob