Kayak Outfitter - San Juan Islands

sidcohen

Hi Ya'll,

My wife and I are headed out to the Seattle Area for a conference in July and we are thinking about taking a day to paddle a little bit of San Juan Islands. Many of the outfitters in that area take people out in tandems. We’d be looking to go in singles, decent ones too. I’m an L3 paddler and my wife is an L2.

Does anybody have some experience with outfitters in this area that they would be kind enough to share?

Sid Cohen

My wife and I went on a 6 day circumnavigation of Orcas Island with Crystal Seas

http://www.crystalseas.com/

out of Friday Harbor. They were organized, flexible, safe, fun, and professional. Not sure if they can accommodate your specific needs.

Mention my name and I am sure they will double the price.

Have a great trip.

Al

My wife and I went on a 6 day circumnavigation of Orcas Island with Crystal Seas

http://www.crystalseas.com/

out of Friday Harbor. They were organized, flexible, safe, fun, and professional. Not sure if they can accommodate your specific needs.

Mention my name and I am sure they will double the price.

Have a great trip.

Al

body, boat, blade

shawna and leon are top notch instructors and paddlers.

body, boat, blade

shawna and leon are top notch instructors and paddlers.

Of course, BB&B are terrific guides, outfitters, coaches, paddlers. I just thought they were a tad far from Seattle for a day trip (like a 2-hour drive, then a 1.5 hour ferry, with a 1-2 hour wait in between).

I think Kayak Academy is also very high class, and is a lot closer.

I did a nice paddle out of Port Townsend (home of Pgymy kayaks) in a single with a guide. Drove there from Seattle (probably two hour drive). Also, rented a single and did Lake Washington in Seattle. That was fun and did it on my own. I can't give you the names of the outfitters but you should be able to Google the locations. And if you find yourself walking the main street in Bremerton, ask a local where you can get a slice of the world's best triple berry pie.

I did a nice paddle out of Port Townsend (home of Pgymy kayaks) in a single with a guide. Drove there from Seattle (probably two hour drive). Also, rented a single and did Lake Washington in Seattle. That was fun and did it on my own. I can't give you the names of the outfitters but you should be able to Google the locations. And if you find yourself walking the main street in Bremerton, ask a local where you can get a slice of the world's best triple berry pie.

I also know Leon & Shawna. Besides being the great coaches & guides that they are, they are also a lot of fun. Worth the drive.