A few more boats for the Workshop

alcoons

Looks as if we will have at least 25 participants at Sunday's New To Sea Kayaking Workshop. Thanks for all the advertising help.

It is great to have a lot of boats available on the lawn if it is a good day. Participants love sitting in them and getting a sense of how they differ. Right now the workshop leaders are bringing:

Cetus, Eddyline Nighthawk, Quest lv, Wilderness Tempest , Greenland, Romany, & a Pintail

It would be good to have a FEW additional DIFFERENT boats.

Your help would be appreciated, if:

1. The weather is good on Sunday (we do NOT have room for additional boats if we have to be inside), and

2. You post what you are bringing here so we do not have TOO many boats,

The workshop starts at 9 with a break about 10 and finishes up around 12:30-1. No need to have the additional boats when we start.

Thanks,

Betty Ann, Gillian, Kevin, Rob, and Al

Looks as if we will have at least 25 participants at Sunday's New To Sea Kayaking Workshop. Thanks for all the advertising help.

It is great to have a lot of boats available on the lawn if it is a good day. Participants love sitting in them and getting a sense of how they differ. Right now the workshop leaders are bringing:

Cetus, Eddyline Nighthawk, Quest lv, Wilderness Tempest , Greenland, Romany, & a Pintail

Your help would be appreciated, if:

1. The weather is good on Sunday (we do NOT have room for additional boats if we have to be inside), and

2. You post what you are bringing here so we do not have TOO many boats,

The workshop starts at 9 with a break about 10 and finishes up around 12:30-1. No need to have the additional boats when we start.

Thanks,

Betty Ann, Gillian, Kevin, Rob, and Al

I can bring my Explorer.

I would think that "different" would lean more toward:

- Tandem

- wave ski/surf kayak

- surf ski

- skin-on-frame

People that are new to kayaks aren't going to see much difference between many of the broad purpose Brit boats and those that are otherwise similar. I would suggest that different should lean more toward different purposes than different models that compete with each other.

...different sizes could be useful, esp. for those at either end of the curve.

Cheers!

Ty

Gee guys thanks for the suggestions. I do understand your logic. Nothing wrong if you want to bring those boats for display purposes, but we will not be a focus of the workshop. We certainly will point them out as options, but that is about it. Having done this for 4 years we have a pretty good sense of our audience's needs.

However, at this point we have 30 RSVP's and a few more MAYBEs. Would love some additional plastic/fiberglass/Kevlar single sea kayaks.

I'll try to bring both my Force 5 and my Think FIT...maybe.

Ern