SATURDAY, 4/3 Hot day, cold water. Around Gerrish Island.

Doug

TRIP POSTING..Saturday 4/3 12:30 sharp launch from Pepperell Cove, Kittery ME,. North coastal rock play to Brave Boat Harbor. Follow back waters around Gerrish Island to Chauncy Creek. 2-4 foot seas, temps in the upper 70's. Winds picking up in the afternoon. Respond here if interested or send me a message. Would like to keep it between 8-10 paddlers.

Doug

post-100651-1270077107_thumb.jpg

TRIP POSTING..Saturday 4/3 12:30 launch from Odiorne Point, NH. Out Little Harbor, north coastal rock play to Brave Boat Harbor. Follow back waters around Gerrish Island to Chauncy Creek. Cross the river to Coast Guard Station and back to Odiorne. 2-4 foot seas, temps in the upper 70's. Winds picking up in the afternoon. Respond here if interested or send me a message. Would like to keep it between 4-8 paddlers.

Doug

Doug-I know a launch area at Odiorne off Pioneer Rd.that launches into Witch Creek and then into Little Harbor. Is this the one? I'm interested in joining you.

Doug-I know a launch area at Odiorne off Pioneer Rd.that launches into Witch Creek and then into Little Harbor. Is this the one? I'm interested in joining you.

Yes, Pioneer Road on the Odiorne side of the new bridge there is a public boat launch that is still free. Plenty of parking.

The launch site at the wooden bridge at Odiorne "Pioneer Road" has very limited parking and the boat launch parking lot is ""Closed for the Season" My suggestion, if you have more than 4 cars, is to launch from Pierce Island Portsmouth or you can also launch from the beach at New Castle Commons. New Castle is a nice protected beach launch but you need to carry the boats a bit from the parking lot to the beach. The beach is between Beach Hill Rd & Tabbut Memorial Way

Map View of Great Island Commons New Castle NH

Neil :jenni:

The launch site at the wooden bridge at Odiorne "Pioneer Road" has very limited parking and the boat launch parking lot is ""Closed for the Season" My suggestion, if you have more than 4 cars, is to launch from Pierce Island Portsmouth or you can also launch from the beach at New Castle Commons. New Castle is a nice protected beach launch but you need to carry the boats a bit from the parking lot to the beach. The beach is between Beach Hill Rd & Tabbut Memorial Way

Map View of Great Island Commons New Castle NH

Neil :jenni:

Yes, that is a nice spot. Hopefully parking isn't an issue. This is across from a playground and given the time of day with temps so warm, parking could be a problem. Pepperell Cove at Kittery Point boat launch is always a nice put in as well. Let's ponder it over night. I am open to other suggestions.

Yes, that is a nice spot. Hopefully parking isn't an issue. This is across from a playground and given the time of day with temps so warm, parking could be a problem. Pepperell Cove at Kittery Point boat launch is always a nice put in as well. Let's ponder it over night. I am open to other suggestions.

Pepperell Cove is good and easier to get to than the NH options. The parking at Pepperell is for residents but perhaps they don't check this early in the season.

How long of a paddle do you think this is? I was going to post to see if anyone was interested in meeting me over at Pavilion. Since I haven't been out yet this year, this trip might be a little industrious for me.

Pepperell Cove is good and easier to get to than the NH options. The parking at Pepperell is for residents but perhaps they don't check this early in the season.

Pepperell Cove has limited parking for non residents "maybe 4 spots" but there is a school yard down the road a bit "Mitchell School" which you can park at after unloading then walk back. Note Mitchell School Lane is one way but you can get there driving a little further and walk back from Mitchell Ln.

Map to Mitchell School Parking Lot

Neil :douglas:

PS Seas today are very calm with wave height 1-2ft at best. I suspect tomorrow will be similar to start. Although winds are predicted to build out of the south in the afternoon tomorrow so Pepperell Cove may actually be a better choice.

Parking is available accross the street for $5 if public parking at the dock is full. Drop off your boat at the ramp. Parking lot is a couple hundred feet from launch area. Pay in Frisbee's Market. Can ask for Frank Frisbee. I spoke to him today & he knows we are coming. You can Google Frisbee's Market in Kittery ME for map of launch area.

Parking is available accross the street for $5 if public parking at the dock is full. Drop off your boat at the ramp. Parking lot is a couple hundred feet from launch area. Pay in Frisbee's Market. Can ask for Frank Frisbee. I spoke to him today & he knows we are coming. You can Google Frisbee's Market in Kittery ME for map of launch area.

Thanks-- I am planning on it unless my sore throat (which I think is allergies) is worse tomorrow. Will confirm before 10:00 or so tomorrow.

Nancy

Pay in Frisbee's Market. Can ask for Frank Frisbee.

Would not hurt to buy some stuff before or after the paddle. Good folks, and its a neat store with a unique history.

BTW, Kittery started charging a launch fee for use of the town dock. Don't know about this time of year.

So might be best to prepared if harbormaster is about or cash box set up.

Ed Lawson

Who did not dress for immersion and still got hot today.

Well, why not blow off another pool session.

Time to paddle.

Doug. If still room count Gail and I in.

If we are not there by 12:30, go ahead and we will meet up along the way with luck.

Ed lawson

Who now needs to figure out what to where.

Well, why not blow off another pool session.

Time to paddle.

Doug. If still room count Gail and I in.

If we are not there by 12:30, go ahead and we will meet up along the way with luck.

Ed lawson

Who now needs to figure out what to where.

See you there...