Tuck's Point Thursday 11/12/09

Gcosloy

Looks like a nice day moderate bumpy water and winds. Meet at 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM Head out into the wind and back with it. Perhaps some chance for rock play. Dry suits and gloves appropriate.

Sun goes down fast these days so off water 3:30PM to 4:00PM. RSVP here.

Looks like a nice day moderate bumpy water and winds. Meet at 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM Head out into the wind and back with it. Perhaps some chance for rock play. Dry suits and gloves appropriate.

Sun goes down fast these days so off water 3:30PM to 4:00PM. RSVP here.

I'm in (just returned from Turkey).

Gene,

I'm eager but have a potential snag. My wife was scheduled for a medical procedure today, but has just been delayed. I'm hoping it will be Friday, not tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Just FYI, today's forecast was spot on for temps. Winds were 15+/- sustained from the NE. No real swell but some fun wind chop (1-2') for the down wind leg. Enjoy yourselves tomorrow.

Phil

Just checked the NOAA graphical forecast for tomorrow: Seas 2 to 3' E winds 15 and gust up to 20.

Just checked the NOAA graphical forecast for tomorrow: Seas 2 to 3' E winds 15 and gust up to 20.

I'm out and recommend that the trip be aborted. Manchester has no protection from the wind direction. Gusts in the high twenties. If we go out into the wind we'll be heading towards Gloucester and returning with big swells. This would be reasonable in the summer, but not with cold water; these are drysuit-only conditions.

I'm out and recommend that the trip be aborted. Manchester has no protection from the wind direction. Gusts in the high twenties. If we go out into the wind we'll be heading towards Gloucester and returning with big swells. This would be reasonable in the summer, but not with cold water; these are drysuit-only conditions.

Leon is right. The wind will be from the NE and every day through Sunday looks worse. Given that the others who posted were not 100% positive they could come the prudent thing to do is to call this trip off and wait to paddle another day.

I would agree with Leon that it's definitely drysuit conditions. Seas were forecasted to be 2-3 today but it was under that and wind gusts were forecasted to 25 but were less than that. To each their own but be safe.

Phil

I'm eager but have a potential snag. My wife was scheduled for a medical procedure today, but has just been delayed. I'm hoping it will be Friday, not tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for my wife), there was a cancellation at the clinic for tomorrow and she grabbed it. So I'll be driving, not paddling.

Have fun.

Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for my wife), there was a cancellation at the clinic for tomorrow and she grabbed it. So I'll be driving, not paddling.

Have fun.

Hope everything goes well Blaine. I've had mixed feelings about canceling this trip. After reviewing the forecast again I would be perfectly happy to have gone out. However, today is not a good solo day which it would have been. So, no harm, no foul! See you all soon, maybe Sunday at Lane's for the cold water workshop.

After reviewing the forecast again I would be perfectly happy to have gone out.

The old saying about old pilots and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots seems to false.

Ed Lawson

Who is on an aviation theme today.