Boat Weight Reduction Estimate

EEL

Does anyone have an educated guess on the amount of weight that would be saved by removing the aluminum Yakima foot pegs and a FG seat from a boat? Wondering how much I could literally cut off the AA.

Thank you.

Ed Lawson

My estimate would be between 1 and 2 pounds.

I took off the footpegs and they are around a pound or less. The aluminum racks can't weigh too much...

Another question is if you could find a nice smooth nut for the inside of the screws. Of course another option is to fill the holes but you might need the holes one day if you decide to sell the boat.

Does anyone have an educated guess on the amount of weight that would be saved by removing the aluminum Yakima foot pegs and a FG seat from a boat? Wondering how much I could literally cut off the AA.

Thank you.

Ed Lawson

Thank you.

Ed Lawson

The seats and rails are light, agree 1-2 lbs max reduction. hardly worth it if you like the seat. I like the yakimas footpegs for a few reasons.

So if you or anyone removes them and wants to sell Yakima pegs and rails I could use a couple pairs for my next boat projects.

psylatmetrocastdotnet

thanks,