Event invitation

raddog

The time is near for the annual MVP/NHAMC annual P Cat Draw down and BBQ!

Mark this on your calendars.

Saturday October 31st on Haloween Day.

Release usually starts at 10:00am.

Costumes Welcome!

The MVP has once again made arrangements to have the drawdown done on a weekend instead of a week day so we may have water to run on our day off.

In addition to this fun filled release of water, the MVP and NH AMC Paddlers will once again be holding a free bbq for all paddlers.

And once again, thanks to the generous contributions of both clubs, there will be good food aplenty!

Tell all your boating friends! Spread the word! Everyone is welcome!

This years Menu:

Melt in your mouth marinated steak tips

Steaming hot baked potatoes w/sour cream

baked beans

Homemade chicken soup

salad

rolls

As in the past, I would like to ask for dessert donations to take the pressure off of me as I have plenty of other food to prepare.

I would also like to mention that this is BYOB.

And, in conclusion, please bring a lawn chair if you would like to sit down.

The event starts and ends at the Glen lake dam where NSPN use to have one of its summer skills sessions. Goffstown, NH, just west of Manchester, off Rt 114/ Mast Road. The river has a class 2 gorge, followed by a class one section with a single class 2 rapid midway. There is a bridge 1/2 way down offering take out or put in. See the www.mvpclub.org website for additional details.

Jeff Swett

Hey, thanks for the invite Jeff! Of course, is there anything more entertaining than a bunch of sea kayakers on whitewater? :swimming-smiley:

Seriously though, if anyone has just a bit of interest in ww, this is a great opportunity. I've paddled in the past with these two groups and it's a lot of fun. Couldn't do ww this year due to shoulder issues but might break out the short boat for this one. It's fairly mellow and there's even the option to put-in halfway down and miss the frothier water if one wishes.

Carl C.

Of course, is there anything more entertaining than a bunch of sea kayakers on whitewater?

Hey, I think I resemble that remark.

No doubt it would be a great time with a neat bunch of WW paddlers.

So it is real Class II or is this one of those "Its Class II with a stretch through the drop or gorge that's Class III or so deals"? We wimps would like, or rather need, to know.

Ed Lawson

Hey, I think I resemble that remark.

No doubt it would be a great time with a neat bunch of WW paddlers.

So it is real Class II or is this one of those "Its Class II with a stretch through the drop or gorge that's Class III or so deals"? We wimps would like, or rather need, to know.

Ed Lawson

It's an easy Class II nothing II+ or III it's a great learning river! I attended this event two years ago and it was great fun. Most people will run the river once but a few will put a few laps in as it's not that long of a river or does it have that many play spots to hang out at.

The american white water site has details for the river.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/...detail/id/3600/

I have plans for the day already or I would be attending.

-Jason

I have plans for the day already or I would be attending.

-Jason

Aw, c'mon Jason... you'll be home in plenty of time go trick or treating ;-)

Ed Lawson

This is a very easy class 2 river. We had several trips this summer in which we took new graduates of the amc whitewater school. It has some great features to allow you to practice your whitewater skills and easy surf waves as well.

And the bbq afterwards is really great!

THe river has a class 2 upper. People who aren't used to moving water have a little trouble in the first rapid but anyone who has some experince in moving water should be fine. The lower is basically flat ( the part before the take out really flat), with a sincle class 2 drop.