Manchester Harbor

spider

We made the drive down to Manchester by the Sea. We must be thick in the head, but where exactly do people put in there in the Park ?

We saw some wooden docks but no launch area. Went over to behind the town hall, saw the launch there, and the "resident only" signs and moved on.

Then up to Singing Beach...sign said open to non residents after Sept 30th. So we decided to hang it up for the day...boat never touched the water but had a heck of a ride of about 100 miles on the roof racks .

Guess we will give it another try in Oct.

Took a swing by West Beach....sign said residents only...

...signs, signs everywhere a sign... sign said long haired freaky people need not apply..."course that was some years ago ....

We made the drive down to Manchester by the Sea. We must be thick in the head, but where exactly do people put in there in the Park ?

I just took a look at a Yahoo map to jog the memory. I don't recall the exact location but there was a (dirt?) road that left the main road (Beach St?) near an ice cream store (Captain Dusty's - Tappan St?) where you could find your way out to the ocean. I also recall taxiing between a location where we parked (Sea St?) and the put-in. I think they did printing or something like that. Let's just say I have fonder memories of the ice cream store. Until they redid the parking behind Town Hall that launch worked pretty well, dank water excluded. Now that they are refusing access to Tuck's Pt there doesn't appear to be any good choices.

Next time you drive 100 miles you could launch from Tuck Pt in Beverly, except in "high season" I haven't had issues there during the week.

You could also sit on the kayak on the way back, that's how they train for speed skiing in Europe.

We saw some wooden docks but no launch area. Went over to behind the town hall, saw the launch there, and the "resident only" signs and moved on.

Then up to Singing Beach...sign said open to non residents after Sept 30th. So we decided to hang it up for the day...boat never touched the water but had a heck of a ride of about 100 miles on the roof racks .

Guess we will give it another try in Oct.

Took a swing by West Beach....sign said residents only...

...signs, signs everywhere a sign... sign said long haired freaky people need not apply..."course that was some years ago ....

I feel like a bad host :mellow: Honest, there are places you can paddle in MA!

Another option in that area would be to put in at Magnolia and find parking on shore rd. I think Al Coons paddled here a few weeks ago (Al, how did it work out?).

From there its about 3 or 4 miles to the Misery islands.

Barry.

I have parked at West Beach off season. Can't guarantee anything, but I have not had any problems. The parking lot was never close to being full when I've been there, but always a handful of cars.

Gay