Catch a wave this weekend?

tyson

Surf in the NE is rare, so I'd like to not miss it this time. I expect we are looking at an L4 trip here. :th_bf-hurrismileypalm: Any one else looking to get pummeled? :surfing:

Esp. after paddling the TideRace boats, we really hate our solos and so may take the tandem. :raft:

Cheers! :smiley_cheers:

Ty

Yeah, some places are forecast to be a bit taller that I'm up for. That suggests Saturday or a careful choice for Sunday.

Would Ipswich Bay be a washing machine or have decent waves on the sand bars?

Yeah, some places are forecast to be a bit taller that I'm up for. That suggests Saturday or a careful choice for Sunday.

Would Ipswich Bay be a washing machine or have decent waves on the sand bars?

not for nuthin' but you may wanna think about venue that has close access to a really convenient lee....something like little harbor upta portsmouth...if they're rollin' in on the outside and a little meaty you can always bail in right behind the stone breaker to the harbor for a breather.

have fun.

not for nuthin' but you may wanna think about venue that has close access to a really convenient lee....something like little harbor upta portsmouth...if they're rollin' in on the outside and a little meaty you can always bail in right behind the stone breaker to the harbor for a breather.

have fun.

I plan on heading out saturday to catch the fun. Most likely it will be Portsmouth.

Possible trip around gerrish. There are some spots where we should get surf off of the shallows, rock play, rescue practice and whatever else comes along./

All the usual cam stuff.......and a good chance to step it up a notch.

any interest for rough water play? figure level 4 Odiorne 9:30 butts in boat.

e-mail me directly...... psylatmetrocast.net

Paul

Unfortunately, I am probably committed to land for Saturday, which looks like the best day up North (Gloucester, Portsmouoth) to enjoy the bump but not get too trashed or blown around.

However, Sunday on the S. Shore, which is more protected from this, might actually be a decent day too, with a bit more wind but still not too bad. In addition, Little Harbor will be ebbing at a good springs clip in the late afternoon, which might make for some really interesting stuff against the swell.

It's a little early to be sure of all this, of course, but if it looks do-able and anyone is looking for fun on Sunday, stay tuned here.

--David.

David-

I was thinking similar thoughts. If it's really big from the N.E., then we could find that out at the breakwater at the inner harbor. If it's not so big, then the Little harbor ebb, or playing around some of the nearby rocks could be fun.

Phil

I plan on heading out saturday to catch the fun. Most likely it will be Portsmouth.

Possible trip around gerrish.

NESeacoastPaddlers has 40+ people signed up for a trip in the Gerrish area on Sat. Though I signed up to these groups for the chance to paddle with other people, that is a hurd that's a bit too large for me.

NESeacoastPaddlers has 40+ people signed up for a trip in the Gerrish area on Sat. Though I signed up to these groups for the chance to paddle with other people, that is a hurd that's a bit too large for me.

Yes, it is truly a herd. I expect quite a few no-shows due to the weather and people will be leaving from 2-3 locations so the group or herd will doubtfully come together at any one point. I was thinking of going out of Fort Foster even though it does not open gates until 10AM but that is OK with me. I'll be in line at 9:30AM. Still have the whole day ahead. I would anticipate 10 boats at most from that location and would love to have you join us. I plan to play in the rollers or whatever comes into Braveboat and depending on the sea conditions may take a handful around the ocean side of Gerrish toward Kittery Point. 9 of 10 people in the NE Seacoast group will head back down the Creek. Don't let the numbers put you off. There are actually 5 trip organizers that will be heading out with the group. That's my plan.

However, Sunday on the S. Shore, which is more protected from this, might actually be a decent day too, with a bit more wind but still not too bad. In addition, Little Harbor will be ebbing at a good springs clip in the late afternoon, which might make for some really interesting stuff against the swell.

It's a little early to be sure of all this, of course, but if it looks do-able and anyone is looking for fun on Sunday, stay tuned here.

--David.

We may be heading to Manomet for a BBQ Sunday midday, so am thinking about bringing the Cetus and Necky RIP to surf. There'll probably be room in the OB if you wanna come.

Also have that idler pulley for your Leg.

Cheers.

Ern

It looks like schedules the to-do list won't let us out Saturday. We will be going out Sunday. We'll be looking for something in the 5' range and haven't decided if it will be with our tandem or our solos. We'll be carefully watching the forecasts and trying to pick a place either with a "soft" beach to "land" on or a protected harbor to launch from.

Cheers!

Ty

We are considering a couple of places with the final choice to be made Sat evening/Sunday morning.

- Lanes Cove and then go west if the bumps are just the right size on the sand bars or beaches, else go west and play some big swell. ...pretend our tandem is a surf ski? ;)

- If it doesn't look too rough, we could put in at Pavilion Beach on Little Neck. I'm not interested in needing a CG rescue so this option would be only after careful consideration.

- Salisbury Beach/Black Rock Creek boat ramp at the mouth of the Merrimack.

- Seabrook Harbor.

Though Little Neck/Pavilion Beach can have rough access to Ipswich Bay, the rest of the launches are targeted because they look like they have harbors that we should be able to get in and out of if the waters outside are in the range we are looking for. ...though it could still be a challenging ride for some of them.

Again, our target is bumps on the order of 5ft.

I believe that Emilie and I are headed to Ipswich Bay tomorrow morning. Cape Ann should provide some shelter as well as access to some big open water swell. The forecasts are saying anything from 1-8 ft, depending on where you look. However, I'm a bit suspicious of 1-2ft data.

We are currently planning to put in at Pavilion Beach. If the computer reports that things might be rough in the morning, we will divert to Lanes Cove for launch. We are planning to arrive about 9:00-9:30.

Cheers!

Ty

We are currently planning to put in at Pavilion Beach. If the computer reports that things might be rough in the morning, we will divert to Lanes Cove for launch. We are planning to arrive about 9:00-9:30.

Ok, we're switching to Lanes Cove. Same time. Anyone know of good parking spots there?

Emilie