Sunday 8/16 - Mellow Level 3/3- Kings Beach/Lynn

alcoons

Let launch at Kings Beach in Lynn/Swampscott. Bill G. says "It is a pretty nice area. You can park on the street right at the beach. At launch, you can either head East past Swampscott Harbor, up to M'head and Tinkers."

Date: Sunday 8/16

Launch: http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&...le&resnum=1

Bill says. "You can park anywhere along Lynn Shore Drive. There is a seawall there, but there are several stairs and ramps along the drive to access the beach." Look for my red Honda Accord, double kayak rack on top. "No problems at low tide, it is a firm sandy beach. It will be a bit of a hike at low tide down to the waters edge...a good 100+ yards."

Return: 1-2 PM

Max Route: Either head East past Swampscott Harbor, up to M'head and Tinkers: Max 10-12 miles

Trip Type and Tone: CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves.

Bring: Water & lunch

High Tide: 7:44 AM, Low Tide: 1:45 PM

Weather:

SUNDAY:

SW WINDS AROUND 5 KT...BECOMING SE 10 TO 15 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

Need at least two others to confirm. Check back here.

Al Coons

Cetus

Red/White

Forgot to include a launch time:

Launch: 10 AM. Beach briefing at 9:45 AM.

Count me in. You may want to consider an earlier launch time. I know Nahant gets full before 10 on hot summer days and I would think this adjacent might also. Just a thought.

Larry

Count me in. You may want to consider an earlier launch time. I know Nahant gets full before 10 on hot summer days and I would think this adjacent might also. Just a thought.

Larry

Hmm. Earlier the better for me. Launch at 9 AM? I always prefer earlier.

Does that work for you?

Al

quoted from other thread:

I was with you at the Solstice paddle-- had the 15 yr old girl with me. Yes, Hal's been off Kings beach and I just wanted to go out there with Him and a few others. I will let you know if we are in for sure later tonight. What time does is launch-- I'm missing that in the posts I saw.

Nancy

Hi Nancy. Sorry I did not realize who you were. It would be great to paddle with you and Hal. Hope you two can make it.

Al

9 works for me just fine, how about everyone else?

Larry

Larry. Let's plan on 9 AM. If something comes up tonight and I miss it, I will be on by 7 AM. tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to paddling with you.

Al

Larry. Let's plan on 9 AM. If something comes up tonight and I miss it, I will be on by 7 AM. tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to paddling with you.

Al

I'll check this message board at 7 and if still on, will plan to be there at 8:30.

Larry

quoted from other thread:

Hi Nancy. Sorry I did not realize who you were. It would be great to paddle with you and Hal. Hope you two can make it.

Al

No problem. I'm sorry but I think 9am may be a little early for us tomorrow. If we are up and change our mind, I'll send something before 7am. Otherwise, hope you guys have a great paddle. :lol:

I am going to cancel this now since we do not have our minimum number. Hope we make it happen again soon.

Al

Larry. Was trying to get on this site early this morning (6 to 7 AM) but I guess the web site was down. Hope it did not mess you up.

Al

Larry. Was trying to get on this site early this morning (6 to 7 AM) but I guess the web site was down. Hope it did not mess you up.

Al

Al, what are the odds that this site would be down the same time we would check for messages? Anyway, I made my first solo trip today. The water was like glass (like the time we went to Graves). I paddled over to Nahant, then out to Egg Rock, then back to Kings Beach. Sorry we missed each other – until next time.

Larry

Al, what are the odds that this site would be down the same time we would check for messages? Anyway, I made my first solo trip today. The water was like glass (like the time we went to Graves). I paddled over to Nahant, then out to Egg Rock, then back to Kings Beach. Sorry we missed each other – until next time.

Larry

Glad your time was not wasted. Guess I will post my phone number next time. Wanted to make sure I could plan something else with my wife if I was not going paddling.